Considering Running Castle Whiterock

Forum for all things Castle Whiterock!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Takasi
Ill-Fated Peasant

Considering Running Castle Whiterock

Post by Takasi »

I'm thinking of running a Castle Whiterock dungeon crawl campaign through MapTool on OnlineDnD.com. Will I be able to buy the game in pdf format? If I buy the print version, do I get the online version for free? If I just buy the pdf, is it cheaper? A pdf is much easier to cut and paste room descriptions into MapTool.
stripes
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by stripes »

If it is anything like past DCC modules (adventures?) it will be avilable in PDF. The DCCs I have bought in PDF have been less expensave then the print versions (and easier for me to smuggle into work and study on game day). The print version does not include a free PDF version. (I think Mr. Goodman has said he doesn't want to put local game stores at a disadvantage & there is no easy way to sell the PDFs at a local game store -- I assume he means no easy way to make watermarked PDFs at a gamestore)

Again, that is for past DCCs, I have no knolage of what goodman games will do in the future.

Maybe they will manage to somehow get an inexpensave proces to put magic codes under a scratchoff coating so you can buy the print version and know you can get the PDF is nobody scratched off the coating. However I doubt it since printing a custom code on each item off of a print run is not very affordable, and I bet that silver scratchoff coating isn't free, and local game stores don't want to have to watch eveyone who touches a DCC to see if they are scratching stuff off!!!
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

stripes wrote:(and easier for me to smuggle into work and study on game day)
Oh, word up homie. My flash drive (and a friendly DCC or two) gets me through some long, lonely, annoying days at work. :twisted:
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Ogrepuppy wrote:
stripes wrote:(and easier for me to smuggle into work and study on game day)
Oh, word up homie. My flash drive (and a friendly DCC or two) gets me through some long, lonely, annoying days at work. :twisted:
Hunh, and I've just been sitting here in the afternoons, reading The Sunless Garden.... 8)

....come to think of it though, I am the boss.... :lol:
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham

Return to “Castle Whiterock”