Castle Whiterock Introduction

Forum for all things Castle Whiterock!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Rath
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Castle Whiterock Introduction

Post by Rath »

Nice to see Castle Whiterock featured on the Goodman Games Homepage and in the coming soon section...

"As the flame of my second life sputters and dims, I find myself thinking more and more on those heroes who, though we first met as enemies, granted me another opportunity to sip from life's cup. Great were their deeds and deep their wisdom, yet the tale of their adventures in Castle Whiterock has not been told: the helpless lives they saved and the wicked lives they ended, the diabolic ingenuity of their adversaries, the desperate moments when hope was faint, and their final victory over the terrible dragon Benthosruthsa."

This introduction reminds me a little of the narration in the beginning of the movie, "The Name of the Rose"

"Having reached the end of my poor sinners life, my hair now white. I prepare to leave on this parchment my testimony as to the wondrous and terrible events I witnessed in my youth...towards the end of the year of our Lord 1327. May God grant me the wisdom and grace to be the faithful chronicler of the happenings that took place in a remote abbey in the dark north of Italy. An abbey whose name it seems even now, pious and prudent to omit."

It sets the mood perfectly; can't wait until November to buy this dungeon... it's going to rock!
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

Wow. I think I'm actually drooling. (Although that might just be normal for me.)

What are the PDF plans for this--handouts, maps, maybe the entire boxed set? Are we likely to get any type of discount for buying the dead tree boxed set as well as PDF content?
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Jengenritz »

Glad you guys liked Koborth's intro text. Believe it or not, that was one of the last things we added.

And The Name of the Rose rules so hard. Never had the pleasure of the book, but I'm flattered you likened Koborth's passage to it.
And, you know, Valentina Vargas haunts me to this day.

Penitenzi agitae!
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....

Return to “Castle Whiterock”