Whiterock Crystal Ball (broken)

Forum for all things Castle Whiterock!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

DaveMage
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by DaveMage »

goodmangames wrote:Well, the first draft of the layout is done. Now we're in proofreading mode. Only two words:

700 PAGES!
Wow.

Looking forward to it!
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Jengenritz »

Wow. Re-reading this thread now that CW has been released was pretty cool. And it's EERIE how close (or spot-on) Warduke was with some of his early guesses.
whiterock = white roc = color + bird = grey hawk = greyhawk
If you've read the module, you know about the orcish "holy" artifact, the figurine of the white roc.
ferguson, lasala, and doyle seem the most obvious choices from the regular stable of writers, but maybe they have some young blood in the wings who has a mega dungeon to bring us.
Two out of three named authors pegged, and a correct guess that there would be someone else (although I'm not "young blood" by anyone's metric).
goodman games is consistent about offering low level adventures (thank you!) so if this follows suit it would begin low and run to as high as the product will permit.
Which was levels 1-15, as it turned out.
500 pages = a mega dungeon or adventure path. but goodman games is coming out with saga of the dragon path, so i doubt they would follow on the heels of that with another one so quickly.

so mega dungeon it is.
In a word, "yes." Mega-dungeon it is.

Anyway, just wanted to throw some props to Warduke for freaking me out when he deconstructed our module based on pagecount, cover art, and title alone.
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

it ain't easy being the man <------- teasing :) :) :) :) :) :)

let's just say it helps living in a certain part of the country. goodman games is based in chicago, but all the writers & editors live some place else ---- and on a bad day could be taken out by a single grenade!
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Jengenritz »

but all the writers & editors live some place else ---- and on a bad day could be taken out by a single grenade!
:shock:

(Note to Self: Must change the locks on the Goodman Games East compound gates...)
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
Jeff LaSala
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Jeff LaSala »

:lol:

(Note to self: Steer clear of Adrian, Harley, and Co. My proximity is too close.)
Goodman Games: DCCs: #29, #31, #35, #48, #49, #51; Hero's Handbooks: Dragonborn, Tieflings; Level Up
Wizards of the Coast: The Darkwood Mask
Blindsided Books: Savant
Ashlock.org; NY Speculative Fiction Examiner
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

I sit high atop my lonely mountain fortress and have nothing to do with the madmen locked in the asylum known best as Goodman Games East. I receive their manuscripts in plain, unmarked envelopes and tailor the dosage of their medications accordingly. :)

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Rick Maffei
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Rick Maffei »

Warduke wrote: ---- and on a bad day could be taken out by a single grenade!
I'll up Jen's :shock: and raise that :shock: :shock: !
Harley Stroh wrote:I sit high atop my lonely mountain fortress and have nothing to do with the madmen locked in the asylum known best as Goodman Games East. I receive their manuscripts in plain, unmarked envelopes and tailor the dosage of their medications accordingly. :)
That reminds me, my vial of medication is late, good Master (said in best Renfield voice)... and this odd canvas jacket of mine has come loose againnn...

Long live -- grenades notwithstanding -- Goodman Games East! :twisted:
DCC #26 The Scaly God
DCC #60 Thrones of Punjar
Monstercology: Orcs
Age of Cthulhu 2: Madness in London Town
Co-author Age of Cthulhu 5: The Long Reach of Evil
Co-author 2006, 2007, 2008 Tourney DCCs

Visit Rick's RPG Blog Jabberwock's Rest
arlanni
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by arlanni »

Joseph has thought of everything. When the gang of Goodman Games East travels, there is a rule that we must take seperate cars or planes, just in case something (?) happens. That way, all the eggs are not in one basket! :lol:
Jeff LaSala
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Jeff LaSala »

Yet we are sadly at our most vulnerable at GenCon. (The concealed ninjas being the only real line of defense.)
Goodman Games: DCCs: #29, #31, #35, #48, #49, #51; Hero's Handbooks: Dragonborn, Tieflings; Level Up
Wizards of the Coast: The Darkwood Mask
Blindsided Books: Savant
Ashlock.org; NY Speculative Fiction Examiner
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

god bless those ninjas! we can't afford to lose goodman games east! without it, our tables would be barren!
Ken Hart
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Ken Hart »

I'm working on Monte Cook disguises for everyone just in case the ninjas spend too much time at the RAM Brewery.

--Ken
DCC, DragonMech, Etherscope editor
Writer: "Madness at the Mutilated Oak," DCC #48: The Adventure Continues;
DCC #52: Chronicle of the Fiend

"It really is the height of pessimism to have a hat lined with chain mail." --Mrs. Peel
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

nothing worse than drunk ninjas, stumbling around in the dark. disgraceful shinobi, they always have to commit sepuku in the morning.

Return to “Castle Whiterock”