Entrance to the Library of Forbidden lore 6B in Whiterock

Forum for all things Castle Whiterock!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Maldroth
Ill-Fated Peasant

Entrance to the Library of Forbidden lore 6B in Whiterock

Post by Maldroth »

Okay I've been checking the map and the descriptions of level 6 and I can't find where the entrance to 6B should be. Can't find any info where I should place this.

The place is listed in the entire dungeon breakdown map but no where on the level 6 map.

I know I want my group to find this as it would be great for them.

any help would be appreciated.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Maldroth,

I've pinged the authors to see if they can drop by and give an answer...

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Maldroth
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Maldroth »

Thanks I hope they can drop by before Friday the 29th so I can steer the group in that direction.
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Jengenritz »

Maldroth, you win an official No-Prize from Goodman Games for spotting the second piece of unofficial official errata from Castle Whiterock.

After conferring with my co-author, several maps, my own copy of CW, a few Word documents, and the Oracle of Delphi, we've determined that there kinda is no entrance to sub-level 6B. But only kinda.

Check out your Book of Maps...on the front cover is a cut-away map of Castle Whiterock and the mountain. Sub-level 6B is shown as connected to level 6. Now look at the map for level 6...there's a tunnel in area 6-7 that leads nowhere...it just ends. The entrance to sub-level 6B is supposed to be in that tunnel, protected to some degree by the stonebore ant queen and her soldiers.

Here's what happened: when we were putting together the jigsaw puzzle that was the levels and sublevels of CW, we knew where sub-level 6B was supposed to go, but it never got physically linked on the smaller maps...a rare lapse between my co-author (who wrote 6B) and myself (who wrote 6). That probably had to do with level 6 being the first thing I wrote and 6B being one of the last things he wrote.

The next post gives the specific information needed to insert sub-level 6B into the dungeon (or, as with everything else in CW, you can change it to better suit your group and game).
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
Jengenritz

Post by Jengenritz »

Insert this paragraph in area 6-7 (red book, page 129), before the section on Tactics and after the section on The Queen’s Hoard.

Ant Entrance: In their day, the Monks of the Dawning Sun had hidden paths throughout the mountain, one of which led to a repository of knowledge, the Halls of Forgotten Lore. Although those secret roads are long destroyed by the upheavals of Castle Whiterock’s turbulent history, the burrowing stonebore ants inadvertently uncovered the entrance to the monk’s library. In the northwest corner of the ant queen’s lair is a larva-filled, short tunnel that appears to lead nowhere. A DC 15 Search check of the floor at the tunnel’s terminus will find a 5-foot-deep shaft (obscured by larva, dead ant shells, and slime) that opens into the ceiling of a partially collapsed, 8-foot-wide, manmade tunnel. Following the tunnel northeast for about 70 feet leads to area 6B-1.
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
Maldroth
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Maldroth »

Jengenritz,

Excellent thank you for that. I have been impressed with CW overall and that's only the first real error I've encountered. I had run WLD last year and it was rife with bad editing and errors.

I'll make note of this and see if the PCs will bother to do that way. They are hell bent on stoping the slavers and are making their way to the Bleak Theater when they got side tracked with the Fane of Justica and then went up to retrieve the Chaplain's body.

They have been liking it so far.

So what was that other item of errata you mention? Will we get a thread or document to collect the rest of this errata?

Thanks again for the response!
Jengenritz

Post by Jengenritz »

The official errata thread is here:
http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... php?t=2017

The CW errata will be appearing there.

Return to “Castle Whiterock”