Castle Whiterock

Forum for all things Castle Whiterock!

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

joela
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

ugh!

Post by joela »

CharlieRock wrote:I just saw Castle Whiterock at my LGS. 8)
Likewise. OMG, that's HEAVY.

Hmmm. Can't seem to find it on B&N and Borders to order :(
What do you mean no?
Ken Hart
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Ken Hart »

If there's a B&N or Borders near you, just give them the ISBN number so that they can look it up and order it if necessary. For Castle Whiterock, the ISBN-13 number is: 978-0979332944 (at least according to Amazon).

--Ken
DCC, DragonMech, Etherscope editor
Writer: "Madness at the Mutilated Oak," DCC #48: The Adventure Continues;
DCC #52: Chronicle of the Fiend

"It really is the height of pessimism to have a hat lined with chain mail." --Mrs. Peel
joela
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

ISBN

Post by joela »

Ken Hart wrote:If there's a B&N or Borders near you, just give them the ISBN number so that they can look it up and order it if necessary. For Castle Whiterock, the ISBN-13 number is: 978-0979332944 (at least according to Amazon).

--Ken
Huh. I didn't scroll deep enough. Thanks!
What do you mean no?
joela
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Availability

Post by joela »

joela wrote:
Ken Hart wrote:If there's a B&N or Borders near you, just give them the ISBN number so that they can look it up and order it if necessary. For Castle Whiterock, the ISBN-13 number is: 978-0979332944 (at least according to Amazon).

--Ken
Huh. I didn't scroll deep enough. Thanks!
Looks like it'll be in the stores in late November (21st+). Not a problem. Xmas is not too far around the corner :)
What do you mean no?
kenwig
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by kenwig »

I picked up a copy of Whiterock Saturday and I'm looking forward to killing, humhmm I mean running the players through it!

k
Eryx
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Eryx »

Pretty meaty and looks rather tough. I have my next (post AoW) campaign worked out already, but I think the one after should a big Castle Whiterock crawl.
---

Staunch anti-4E. Nuff said.
Ghost2020
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Ghost2020 »

Funny that Amazon isn't offering some sort of deal on it like they did with the Known World set.
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

MrsCharlie went down to Tabletop Games&Hobby. I know what I am getting for Christmas. :oops:
(Sheeyoot! Does that thing have lead minis innit??!)
PeelSeel2
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by PeelSeel2 »

CharlieRock wrote:MrsCharlie went down to Tabletop Games&Hobby. I know what I am getting for Christmas. :oops:
Maybe she is thinking if she gets you a whiterock, then you will get her a white rock.
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

Ghost2020 wrote:Funny that Amazon isn't offering some sort of deal on it like they did with the Known World set.
Yeah, I noticed that too.

If they don't give their normal deal I'll have to pass on this. Not anything against Joe, I agree its a great price for the content, etc...

I guess its the "mental block" that happens with saying $100.00 instead of $66.00.
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Jengenritz »

Paizo seems to have it for a wee bit less, but we'll have to see what Amazon does...
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

PeelSeel2 wrote:
CharlieRock wrote:MrsCharlie went down to Tabletop Games&Hobby. I know what I am getting for Christmas. :oops:
Maybe she is thinking if she gets you a whiterock, then you will get her a white rock.
She knows I roll randomly for loot. :P
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

also try amazon.ca ....... i don't know the present conversion rate, but they have mighty whiterock up for pre-sale at a discount.
Member of Fathead's Favorite Posters Team
moriarty777
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by moriarty777 »

Warduke wrote:also try amazon.ca ....... i don't know the present conversion rate, but they have mighty whiterock up for pre-sale at a discount.
They do... available for pre-order at the kick-ass discount and they chose to recognize the power of the Canadian dollar!

http://www.amazon.ca/Dungeon-Crawl-Clas ... 306&sr=8-1

For just over 60$ Canadian (and free shipping since I reside in Canada) this is *SOOOOOO* tempting!

I'll need to think about this one further...

Moriarty the Red
Last edited by moriarty777 on Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

moriarty777 wrote: I'll need to think about this one further...

Moriarty the Red
What is there to think about, man! We're talking about Castle Whiterock!
I just whupped a bear cub right in front of it's momma, just so I could have DCC#51!
moriarty777
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by moriarty777 »

CharlieRock wrote:
moriarty777 wrote: I'll need to think about this one further...

Moriarty the Red
What is there to think about, man! We're talking about Castle Whiterock!
I just whupped a bear cub right in front of it's momma, just so I could have DCC#51!
lol ... Don't get me wrong -- it's probably one of the *finest* products ever put out for 3.5 and I really like the DCC line and the other multitude of items that Goodman Games puts out. However, I also mainly play (and run) Castles & Crusades which means any product put out that's been designed for 3.x is one I have to think twice about.

That being said, I'll most likely be picking this bad boy up (it's hard to say no when I can get it for $60)

Moriarty the Red
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

C'mon, I thought you were cool. All the cool people are getting Whiterock.

[/drug reference / peer pressure jokes]
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

moriarty777 wrote:lol ... Don't get me wrong -- it's probably one of the *finest* products ever put out for 3.5 and I really like the DCC line and the other multitude of items that Goodman Games puts out. However, I also mainly play (and run) Castles & Crusades which means any product put out that's been designed for 3.x is one I have to think twice about.

Moriarty the Red
I recognized ya from the TLG boards. :wink:
I, too, play C&C. But we are mid-campaign for C&C so we can start a brand new team of heroes just for Castle Whiterock. That means we will be (once again) playing twice a week. That's a sacrifice I am willing to make. :P
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

we should keep a tally of all the PCs that die in our games to castle whiterock ...... i dropped 2 in sinister secret this wed. has anyone else lost heroes so far?

edit: sweet! thanks for the skully!!!!

---------
Whiterock PC Kills: [img]http://public.bag_boy.fastmail.fm/dccskull.jpg[/img][img]http://public.bag_boy.fastmail.fm/dccskull.jpg[/img]
Last edited by Warduke on Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

Warduke wrote:we should keep a tally of all the PCs that die in our games to castle whiterock ...... i dropped 2 in sinister secret this wed. has anyone else lost heroes so far?
LoL. Um, we started using level 0 guys. Total wipeout. I would hesitate to count them though, being level 0 and all.
And yes, as cool as I thought it would be, we dropped the idea of starting level 0.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Here ya go, Duke.

[img]http://public.bag_boy.fastmail.fm/dccskull.jpg[/img]

Rock: Oof. Sorry to hear about that. Was it the flooding chamber in the end?

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

Harley Stroh wrote:Here ya go, Duke.

[img]http://public.bag_boy.fastmail.fm/dccskull.jpg[/img]

Rock: Oof. Sorry to hear about that. Was it the flooding chamber in the end?

//H
They wish. It was room 10. They had been drained pretty hard by then and went on when I would've turned around and tried again ... next week. (they lost quite a few Str from an earlier encounter and at level zero you pretty much don't want that).
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Nods. Sorry to hear that. But if 1-10 hadn't gotten them, the final encounter probably would have. :(

So much success is in knowing when to return to fight another day.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

Harley Stroh wrote:Nods. Sorry to hear that. But if 1-10 hadn't gotten them, the final encounter probably would have. :(

So much success is in knowing when to return to fight another day.

//H
Don't feel sorry! It was one of the funnest games we had in awhile. :D
Jeff LaSala
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Jeff LaSala »

So while I did get to see it at GenCon, I finally have my own copy now. I forgot how delightfully MASSIVE this boxed set is. Good stuff. Talk about the ultimate ready-made dungeon.

All I did was write a large portion of the Morrain gazetteer—Harley detailed Cillimar and did a kick-ass job of it—but the most kudos go to Chris and Adrian for this bad boy.

Good job, gentlemen. :D
Goodman Games: DCCs: #29, #31, #35, #48, #49, #51; Hero's Handbooks: Dragonborn, Tieflings; Level Up
Wizards of the Coast: The Darkwood Mask
Blindsided Books: Savant
Ashlock.org; NY Speculative Fiction Examiner

Return to “Castle Whiterock”