Themed "Age of Cthulhu" Adventure Paths

A forum dedicated to our new line of officially licensed Call of Cthulhu adventure modules.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Sketchpad
Gongfarmer

Themed "Age of Cthulhu" Adventure Paths

Post by Sketchpad »

Hiya Gang,
I was wondering if Goodman Games had considered creating themed AoC Adventure Paths? What I mean by this is creating books akin to what Pathfinder's done with 3.5 D&D/PFRPG. Basically having an overall arc to what's being made, along with a Player's Guide. For example, maybe something like:

NY0: A Players Guide to the City of Shadows Campaign
NY1 CoS: Night Falls on Central Park
NY2 CoS: Bhykee on Broadway
NY3 CoS: The Rite Stuff

In addition, I was also wondering if there's been any thought of introducing more traditional or cinematic monsters into CoC. Don't get me wrong, I love the Mythos, but the occasional adventure that involves something else would be kind of nice. Maybe do something like a "Nightmare on Elm Street" or a "Supernatural" sort of adventure? Obviously you probably wouldn't be using the licenses, but something akin to those themes.
DT Butchino | Illustrator, Writer, Designer | Sketchpad Studios
Mike_Ferguson
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Re: Themed "Age of Cthulhu" Adventure Paths

Post by Mike_Ferguson »

Sketchpad wrote:Hiya Gang,
I was wondering if Goodman Games had considered creating themed AoC Adventure Paths? What I mean by this is creating books akin to what Pathfinder's done with 3.5 D&D/PFRPG. Basically having an overall arc to what's being made, along with a Player's Guide. For example, maybe something like:

NY0: A Players Guide to the City of Shadows Campaign
NY1 CoS: Night Falls on Central Park
NY2 CoS: Bhykee on Broadway
NY3 CoS: The Rite Stuff

In addition, I was also wondering if there's been any thought of introducing more traditional or cinematic monsters into CoC. Don't get me wrong, I love the Mythos, but the occasional adventure that involves something else would be kind of nice. Maybe do something like a "Nightmare on Elm Street" or a "Supernatural" sort of adventure? Obviously you probably wouldn't be using the licenses, but something akin to those themes.
Hey Sketchpad,

At the moment, there's nothing like that in the works. The current plan is to continue and improve upon what we've been doing - more adventures, set independently from one another in different locations around the world, delivering a blend of classic Cthulhu horror and pulp-styled action.

However, if there's a call for that, I imagine that a series of linked adventures in an Adventure Path would be something that could be done somewhere down the road.

For any "Age of Cthulhu" fans out there - would this be something that interests you?

For that matter, feel free to simply state what you'd like to see in the Age of Cthulhu line at some point. Should some adventures be set in Arkham or Dunwich, for example, or some other creepy, secluded village in New England? Is there an Old One or other creature from the Mythos you'd like to see in an adventure?
Sketchpad
Gongfarmer

Post by Sketchpad »

Mike_Ferguson wrote: Hey Sketchpad,

At the moment, there's nothing like that in the works. The current plan is to continue and improve upon what we've been doing - more adventures, set independently from one another in different locations around the world, delivering a blend of classic Cthulhu horror and pulp-styled action.

However, if there's a call for that, I imagine that a series of linked adventures in an Adventure Path would be something that could be done somewhere down the road.

For any "Age of Cthulhu" fans out there - would this be something that interests you?

For that matter, feel free to simply state what you'd like to see in the Age of Cthulhu line at some point. Should some adventures be set in Arkham or Dunwich, for example, or some other creepy, secluded village in New England? Is there an Old One or other creature from the Mythos you'd like to see in an adventure?
Hiya Mike,
Thanks for the answer. Count me as someone that would love to see non-Mythos based horror adventures for CoC. Don't get me wrong, I love the monsters that Lovecraft "crafted" ;) But I'd love to see CoC dealing with other critters as well. Maybe something like a Urban Myths collection or some such :)
DT Butchino | Illustrator, Writer, Designer | Sketchpad Studios
JonHook
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
FLGS: Tabletop Games and 31st Century Games

Post by JonHook »

Hi Mike,

I'm not sure about a non-Mythos adventure. I buy Call of Cthulhu adventures so I can dip into the Mythos.

As far as a themed series of adventures, yes, I would love to see something like that. You could provide the same group of pre-generated characters, and make the assumption that they survive each adventure. That way, in the next adventure they could each have some of their skills improved. Keepers and players could jump-in at any point of the series, but it would work best as a whole story if they played the adventures in order. And, if they do choose to use the pre-generated characters instead of building their own, maybe that group of players would roll for skill improvements on those characters instead of using the improved pre-gens in the next adventure.

Return to “Age of Cthulhu”