Goodman Games' "Age of Cthulhu" exposure

A forum dedicated to our new line of officially licensed Call of Cthulhu adventure modules.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

JonHook
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
FLGS: Tabletop Games and 31st Century Games

Goodman Games' "Age of Cthulhu" exposure

Post by JonHook »

Hi guys,

First, I absolutely love "Death in Luxor", and my copy of "Madness in Londontown" is coming soon, (or so my FLGS tells me). I stop by this forum at least once a day to see if there is any new dialogue or conversation about GG foray into the Cthulhu Mythos. Unfortunately, so little dialogue is going on here. And it's not only here; I am finding limited conversation about these adventures at Yog-Sothoth.com and RPG.net too.

I start threads and conversations when I can without also making it feel like spam. But I was wondering is there anything else I, (or we), can do to raise the visability of "Death in Luxor" and "Madness in Londontown"?

I guess my eventual goal in this is that I don't want Goodman Games to decide drop their "Age of Cthulhu" line to focus their energies completely on D&D 4e.
Rick Maffei
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: Goodman Games' "Age of Cthulhu" exposure

Post by Rick Maffei »

Jon,

The kind words about the Age of Cthulhu line are certainly appreciated.

I'd say the best way to promote the books is to gather some folks, play the adventures, and post your experiences. Nothing gets people going—or inspires authors for that matter—like a rousing description of a good Cthulhu game. I won't speak to my own adventure, lest I be accused of bias ( :wink: ), but Death in Luxor certainly offers a few nights of genuine CoC excitement.

-Rick
DCC #26 The Scaly God
DCC #60 Thrones of Punjar
Monstercology: Orcs
Age of Cthulhu 2: Madness in London Town
Co-author Age of Cthulhu 5: The Long Reach of Evil
Co-author 2006, 2007, 2008 Tourney DCCs

Visit Rick's RPG Blog Jabberwock's Rest
JonHook
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
FLGS: Tabletop Games and 31st Century Games

Post by JonHook »

I will do just that.

I'm currently running "Death in Luxor" on a play-by-post website, Role Play Online (www.rpol.net), but I am planning on doing some "keeping" at a local convention in November.

I'm already scheduled to run John Wick's "Curse of the Yellow Sign: Act 1" and a home-brew adventure I wrote and submitted to Chaosium's Halloween contest titled "The Faculty Party". But I think I will add in one more game, that being "Death in Luxor".

DiL is a lot of fun, and I'm getting some good hands-on experience running it in my pbp game.
Mike_Ferguson
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Mike_Ferguson »

FWIW, I will be running "Shadows of Leningrad" - and perhaps a few other AoC adventures - at a couple of gaming conventions in the New York/New Jersey/Pennsylvania area this year.

I'll post more details as I get them confirmed with the appropriate convention folks.

Hope to see some of you at the gaming table!

Return to “Age of Cthulhu”