Isle of the Sea Drake Questions

Forum for Master Dungeons, Forgotten Heroes, Hero's Handbook, and all our other 4E products except for Dungeon Crawl Classics.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

reyn
Gongfarmer

Isle of the Sea Drake Questions

Post by reyn »

Could someone better explain how the "Filth Spewer" and Rot Spike" traps in encounter C-7c work? The text and the encounter map doesn't seem to add up.
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Re: Isle of the Sea Drake Questions

Post by Jengenritz »

I can see why that encounter is confusing.

Filth Spewer Spigots

The spigots are NOT on the fountain, as the Countermeasures text states. They are set into the ground at the locations marked "1." They can only attack creatures in their square.

(Think of them like high-pressure, necrotic sprinklers that only fire straight up.)

This trap fires continuously once Imocotzi's armed it.
Ignore the Tactics section where Imocotzi activates a second filth spewer trap. There is only one.

Rot Spikes

There are no pressure plates/trigger squares for this trap. Replace references to them with "a small, round hole in the floor." These holes can be attacked or disabled as stated in Countermeasures.
These holes are located at the spots marked "2" on the map. The spikes attack from those holes.
The spikes are not a close burst 3, they are a melee attack against any hero in a square marked "2."
When the Countermeasures say "spears," they mean "spikes." Very long, nasty spikes.

I hope that helps! Thanks for looking at the module, and if you have any other questions post them!
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
Burchard
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Burchard »

Rats! Where was this yesterday when I ran a party through that encounter! We were close, but not quite exact. Still, it was a lot of fun.

Thanks for the clarifications!

Which reminds me, we ran into an issue with the random encounter table. The encounter for 12, Feeding, did not have an entry. I'm assuming it was left out in the final edit? What, pray tell, was it?
Author: Soloquest series of adventures by Kenzer & Co.
Need a new gaming song? Check out Fourth Level Fighter. Lyrics/bass by me. Vocals/guitars/drums by my buddy, Aaron. Download it and spread the word!
Jengenritz

Post by Jengenritz »

My original manuscript was eaten by my desktop PC when it suffered critical hard drive failure a while back, so I'm working from memory here.

I think it was an encounter that had critters - maybe a hippogriff? maybe beetles? - feeding on a zombie. I know I had an encounter where something was eating zombies at one point.

That was probably it.

Very much enjoyed the session reports, by the way. That ending with the heroes and the pirates in an uneasy truce was great!
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
Sir Brown
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Sir Brown »

one Question i do have Greate Moduele by the way good setting will be running the game soon in my group in a month or so.

the question is the Thirsty Grandmother since she is Undead would she be a ghoul or Hag incase anyone inquiers and she is a Powerfull Foe Indeed this shall be Fun :D

Thanks

MB
Last edited by Sir Brown on Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make Love & War Come on theres Death Both ways AH HA HA HA HA HA
Jengenritz

Post by Jengenritz »

Glad you dig the adventure.

The Thirsty Grandmother is technically a kind of bizarre vampire, but I just based her stats and abilities off a viscera devourer (or one of the other devourers).

She was a last-minute addition to the adventure, but I like her a lot.

Return to “4E Products”