Another Monk Question-Secret Weapon Technique

Forum for Master Dungeons, Forgotten Heroes, Hero's Handbook, and all our other 4E products except for Dungeon Crawl Classics.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

armorclass10
Ill-Fated Peasant

Another Monk Question-Secret Weapon Technique

Post by armorclass10 »

One of our PCs is a Monk and he chose Secret Weapon Technique, the technique he chose was Magic Weapon +1. Do the secret techniques only work on non-magical weapons or does it stack with magical weapons? He just acquired a a magic staff and I didn't see anything about the secret technique with magical weapons.

Tavis
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: Another Monk Question-Secret Weapon Technique

Post by Tavis »

"As long as a secret technique is applied to a weapon, its qualities replace any magical qualities of that weapon." So if the magic staff your monk just acquired is better than a vanilla +1 enhancement (which it'd pretty much have to be, right?), he's better off applying his secret technique to a different weapon and using the new staff as-is.
Co-author: Forgotten Heroes: Fist, Fang, and Song and Scythe and Shroud; Heroes' Handbook: Eladrin; and two finished Goodman projects that haven't been announced yet, with others on the drawing board!
armorclass10
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by armorclass10 »

Thank you sir...maybe I shouldn't read when I am half asleep LOL, I obviously missed that when I was reading.
Tavis
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Tavis »

My pleasure. I didn't quote the text to make you feel dopey, but to reassure myself that I had indeed thought of that when I wrote it!
Co-author: Forgotten Heroes: Fist, Fang, and Song and Scythe and Shroud; Heroes' Handbook: Eladrin; and two finished Goodman projects that haven't been announced yet, with others on the drawing board!

Return to “4E Products”