In search of adventure

Forum for Master Dungeons, Forgotten Heroes, Hero's Handbook, and all our other 4E products except for Dungeon Crawl Classics.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Arawn76
Wild-Eyed Zealot

In search of adventure

Post by Arawn76 »

Not sure this is the place to raise this or even if it's late to make a difference but a poster at enworld mentioned some serious (his words) mechanical errors in this book. Just felt you should know.
The beauty of the soul shines out when a man bears with composure one heavy mischance after another, not because he does not feel them, but because he is a man of high and heroic temper"

"Birthright" on the WOTC forums or "Birthright" at The Piazza.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: In search of adventure

Post by Harley Stroh »

Arawn,

Thanks for the heads up. I'll see if I can find the Enworld post.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Arawn76
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Arawn76 »

Here's a link.

CLICK HERE :D
The beauty of the soul shines out when a man bears with composure one heavy mischance after another, not because he does not feel them, but because he is a man of high and heroic temper"

Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Thank you! I spoke w/ Blackdirge tonight. We'll see what we can do.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Arawn76
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Arawn76 »

Harley Stroh wrote:Thank you! I spoke w/ Blackdirge tonight. We'll see what we can do.

//H
No worries. Thought you'd want to know.

xredjasonx
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by xredjasonx »

Will the fixes be included in the print edition?
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

xredjasonx wrote:Will the fixes be included in the print edition?
Seeing as how it's been printed for several weeks now, unfortunately, no. :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

Will an updated PDF be available? (Maybe not immediately, but at some future point when the mistakes have been errata'ed?)
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

At some point, yes. We usually batch any discovered errata then do an update including all of the known issues.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Tavis
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Tavis »

I'm gearing up to run King Dretch from In Search of Adventure at Owlcon, and I spotted some things I think are errors in Kuzgug's stat block:

- His Reflex and especially Will defenses are outside the range that 1st level characters can be expected to hit reliably; 8 and 14 higher than expected for a normal creature (and still too high even for a solo)
- His wizard spells have a +0 attack bonus, which seems off even if he were a PC (+1 magic orb, -1 Int mod, yes but not taking into account +2 from level) - but as a controller monster he should have about +8 attack vs. defenses other than AC
- He doesn't have the ability to take multiple actions in a round (either by making two attacks or an immediate interrupt) each round, which IMO a solo needs to be the equivalent of 4-5 monsters

Here's what I plan to do at the con:
- Drop his Ref to 18 and Will to 16, only 2 above the expected value (and within the range of higher defenses I'd expect from a solo)
- Use +8 as his attack bonus for his wizard spells
- Allow him to use one demonic standard action (e.g. claws, wave of fear) and one wizard standard action (e.g. scorching burst, sleep) each round

I'm going to give him some flavor changes attached to that last ability, and also restructure the adventure some for convention play, but I'll post about that after the con in case any canny players are reading this :)
Co-author: Forgotten Heroes: Fist, Fang, and Song and Scythe and Shroud; Heroes' Handbook: Eladrin; and two finished Goodman projects that haven't been announced yet, with others on the drawing board!
Sir Brown
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Sir Brown »

After recently purchasing In Search of Adventure from a RPG Shop In North London

my thoughts

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET :mrgreen:

Since now I'm Dungeon Master of a small group in west London. To some new or not to 4th edition this will help a lot plus we have just completed the mists of madness good fun.
Make Love & War Come on theres Death Both ways AH HA HA HA HA HA

Return to “4E Products”