Amethyst 4th Edition - New Color Cover

Forum for Master Dungeons, Forgotten Heroes, Hero's Handbook, and all our other 4E products except for Dungeon Crawl Classics.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

DiasExMachina
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Amethyst 4th Edition - New Color Cover

Post by DiasExMachina »

So with Amethyst's release creeping closer, I wanted to share the final cover with you all. It's updated across the Goodman site, i just wanted to point it out...

It lacks the logos, subtitles, borders, and even a proper title layer, leaving just the cover and all its glory.

The artist is Nick Greenwood
xredjasonx
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Re: Amethyst 4th Edition - New Color Cover

Post by xredjasonx »

This is pretty sweet, but I'll admit I kinda liked the other one.
DiasExMachina
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by DiasExMachina »

I always thought the old cover didn't match the style of artwork that was on the inside. I also thought it was a bit too surreal for my taste. Still, it had its merrits and had a well known artist's name behind it, so it did have its compliments.
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

Black-haired emo elf hotties in midriff-exposed black leather bra-armor, looking all bitchy and sly?

I'll take two, please. :wink:
DiasExMachina
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by DiasExMachina »

Sigh....I guess Joseph wins the bet. This cover is a wrap around--meaning you are only seeing half the image. Both the front and rear covers have a large figure predominant in the image. Originally, the fae was on the back but Joseph thought it would be better on the front...more eye-catching. Guess he was right.
Hybban
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Hybban »

I don't like this new cover. The d20 edition one was more evocative... At least to me. On the french forum I go to, 100% of the comment were" if I saw the cover of the old edition, I'd stop and take a look at the book (and certainly buy it because it seems interesting)". The new cover makes everybody sai that they would never a glance at the book twice.

Good thing it's not a french game, non? :lol:

Hyb'

Return to “4E Products”