Nice work!

Forum for Master Dungeons, Forgotten Heroes, Hero's Handbook, and all our other 4E products except for Dungeon Crawl Classics.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Post Reply
User avatar
RodneyThompson
Gongfarmer
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:23 pm

Nice work!

Post by RodneyThompson » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:27 pm

Just wanted to say nice work on both Hero's Handbook: Dragonborn and Dungeon Denizens. I ordered copies as a birthday present to myself and received them yesterday. After a cursory read both seem to be really interesting books, and I'm looking forward to digging in more thoroughly. Good work, guys! Definitely keep it up, I'm looking forward to seeing what else you guys can put out. I also subscribed to Level Up and I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Keep up the good work!
Rodney Thompson
RPG Developer, Dungeons & Dragons
RPG Designer/Developer, Star Wars
Wizards of the Coast
Webmaster, SWRPGNetwork

User avatar
Blackdirge
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
Posts: 170
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:06 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Nice work!

Post by Blackdirge » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:10 am

RodneyThompson wrote:Just wanted to say nice work on both Hero's Handbook: Dragonborn and Dungeon Denizens. I ordered copies as a birthday present to myself and received them yesterday. After a cursory read both seem to be really interesting books, and I'm looking forward to digging in more thoroughly. Good work, guys! Definitely keep it up, I'm looking forward to seeing what else you guys can put out. I also subscribed to Level Up and I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Keep up the good work!
Thanks! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying BDD and HH:DB. We've got a lot more in the works, including at least six more books in the Hero's Handbook series.

BD
Aeryn "Blackdirge" Rudel

User avatar
xredjasonx
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
Posts: 254
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:12 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Nice work!

Post by xredjasonx » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm

Blackdirge wrote:
RodneyThompson wrote:Just wanted to say nice work on both Hero's Handbook: Dragonborn and Dungeon Denizens. I ordered copies as a birthday present to myself and received them yesterday. After a cursory read both seem to be really interesting books, and I'm looking forward to digging in more thoroughly. Good work, guys! Definitely keep it up, I'm looking forward to seeing what else you guys can put out. I also subscribed to Level Up and I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Keep up the good work!
Thanks! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying BDD and HH:DB. We've got a lot more in the works, including at least six more books in the Hero's Handbook series.

BD

*cough* psionics *cough

Hehe, well I at least am hoping so.

User avatar
Blackdirge
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
Posts: 170
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:06 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Nice work!

Post by Blackdirge » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:04 am

xredjasonx wrote:
Blackdirge wrote:
RodneyThompson wrote:Just wanted to say nice work on both Hero's Handbook: Dragonborn and Dungeon Denizens. I ordered copies as a birthday present to myself and received them yesterday. After a cursory read both seem to be really interesting books, and I'm looking forward to digging in more thoroughly. Good work, guys! Definitely keep it up, I'm looking forward to seeing what else you guys can put out. I also subscribed to Level Up and I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Keep up the good work!
Thanks! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying BDD and HH:DB. We've got a lot more in the works, including at least six more books in the Hero's Handbook series.

BD

*cough* psionics *cough

Hehe, well I at least am hoping so.
Man, I'd love to do psionics. However, I think we'd need something a bit meatier than a Hero's Handbook to do it right. Psionics would really need its own core book; something that size.

BD
Aeryn "Blackdirge" Rudel

User avatar
Syffin
Far-Sighted Wanderer
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:56 pm
Location: Generally somewhere on my own demiplane.

Re: Nice work!

Post by Syffin » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:10 pm

I too just picked up copies of HH:DB and BDD and I love them both. Thanks for all the great stuff Goodman Games is putting out. I also really love the Critter Cache line as well. I loved the big bugs especially. I can't wait for more from the HH line and the Critters!

My biggest wish is for a 4e Áereth Campaign World book of some sort.

Nahat Anoj
Wild-Eyed Zealot
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:11 pm

Re: Nice work!

Post by Nahat Anoj » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:24 am

I picked up the dragonborn book and I think it's really good, too. The mood of the dragonborn in this book is unapologetic and strong, but also slightly sad and bittersweet.

The eladrin book should also be cool. I'd like to see similar books for all the races, but especially tieflings, gnomes (4e's non-tinker gnome, that is), half-orcs, and devas.
Mongol Warlord: Dungeon Master, what is best in life?
Dungeon Master: To crush the characters, see their sheets pile before you, and to hear the lamentation of the players.
Mongol Warlord: That is good!

User avatar
Blackdirge
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
Posts: 170
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:06 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Nice work!

Post by Blackdirge » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:26 am

Jonathan Moyer wrote:I'd like to see similar books for all the races, but especially tieflings, gnomes (4e's non-tinker gnome, that is), half-orcs, and devas.
No problem. Hero's Handbook: Tieflings in the final editing stage, and I'll be writing Hero’s Handbook: Half-Orc starting in the next week or so. Gnomes are definitely a possibility, although we don’t have any definite plans yet. Unfortunately, the deva and goliath are not in the 4E SRD, so as much as I'd love to write a Hero's Handbook on either race, it’s just not possible at the moment.

Here’s a question; how would you guys feel about Hero’s Handbooks on the more “monstrous” races? Drow, minotaurs, goblins (goblins, hobgoblins, bugbears), gnolls, etc.

BD
Aeryn "Blackdirge" Rudel

User avatar
Syffin
Far-Sighted Wanderer
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:56 pm
Location: Generally somewhere on my own demiplane.

Re: Nice work!

Post by Syffin » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:13 pm

I would love a book any of the races, in fact I have a PC in one of the groups I play with who is a doppelganger.

Thanks again to everybody at Goodman Games, you all make running and playing 4e fun and interesting!

Edit:

I just picked up Critter Cache 3 and 4. Wow! I love them both. I am very intrigued by the idea of the Seelie and Unseelie Courts, will there be any more information on this? Like perhaps writeups on Queen Titania, Oberon, Morgause, and Mordred?

User avatar
Blackdirge
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
Posts: 170
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:06 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Nice work!

Post by Blackdirge » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:06 pm

Syffin wrote:I just picked up Critter Cache 3 and 4. Wow! I love them both. I am very intrigued by the idea of the Seelie and Unseelie Courts, will there be any more information on this? Like perhaps writeups on Queen Titania, Oberon, Morgause, and Mordred?
Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed them. I'll defintely be statting up Titania, Morgause, and their consorts in the future. I'll also expand on the Seelie and Unseelie courts in their write-ups. Keep an eye out for more info on that.

Be sure to look for Critter Cache V: Daemons later this month.

BD
Aeryn "Blackdirge" Rudel

Nahat Anoj
Wild-Eyed Zealot
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:11 pm

Re: Nice work!

Post by Nahat Anoj » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:14 pm

Blackdirge wrote:
Jonathan Moyer wrote:I'd like to see similar books for all the races, but especially tieflings, gnomes (4e's non-tinker gnome, that is), half-orcs, and devas.
No problem. Hero's Handbook: Tieflings in the final editing stage, and I'll be writing Hero’s Handbook: Half-Orc starting in the next week or so. Gnomes are definitely a possibility, although we don’t have any definite plans yet
Cool!
Unfortunately, the deva and goliath are not in the 4E SRD, so as much as I'd love to write a Hero's Handbook on either race, it’s just not possible at the moment.
That's too bad. I like both of those races.
Here’s a question; how would you guys feel about Hero’s Handbooks on the more “monstrous” races? Drow, minotaurs, goblins (goblins, hobgoblins, bugbears), gnolls, etc.
Well, drow, gnolls, warforged, and minotaurs are already written up as full-blown races, so sure. I guess of those four I'd prefer minotaurs.

Not sure if shadar-kai are an option, but those guys rock, too. So do the genasi, while we're at it. :)

I'd be interested in a book on goblins, although I'd prefer it if they went with a fey angle. Much like how the elves acclimated to the world, goblins could be a fey race that took the world as well. I like the idea of hobgoblins in particular as a darker kind of fey lord, striving to crush their eladrin rivals. (seelie, unseelie, or otherwise!)
Mongol Warlord: Dungeon Master, what is best in life?
Dungeon Master: To crush the characters, see their sheets pile before you, and to hear the lamentation of the players.
Mongol Warlord: That is good!

User avatar
xredjasonx
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
Posts: 254
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:12 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Nice work!

Post by xredjasonx » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:40 pm

Blackdirge wrote: Here’s a question; how would you guys feel about Hero’s Handbooks on the more “monstrous” races? Drow, minotaurs, goblins (goblins, hobgoblins, bugbears), gnolls, etc.

BD

Drow!! Yes!!!

Post Reply

Return to “4E Products”