re: Critter Caches

Forum for Master Dungeons, Forgotten Heroes, Hero's Handbook, and all our other 4E products except for Dungeon Crawl Classics.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

choi9999
Ill-Fated Peasant

re: Critter Caches

Post by choi9999 »

I bought all three Critter Caches during the GM's Day sale, and I'm pleased to have done so. They are fine products.

I'm also glad to hear that fey, daemons/immortals, and then more dungeon critters are coming out soon. Any idea as to when for each?

I do prefer #2 and #3 because they have more monsters than #1 -- I believe I read somewhere that you added more in #2 and #3 to please fans. Good job!

re: future beastie/bug/dino critter caches -- perhaps you could open up a suggestion bin if you do a sequel for them?

I would love to see:

Bugs (well, invertebrates)
x) Leeches -- swarms, as well as giant leeches
x) Maggots/grubs/caterpillars/worms
x) Starfish
x) Jellyfish
x) Bee/wasp/hornet swarms
x) Mosquitoes (although stirges might do)
x) Octopus, squid/"kraken" (unless they're appearing in 4e MM2)
x) Ant lions
x) Dragonflies? (if you want to be a little silly, you can give them breath weapons)

Beasts
x) Stingrays
x) Terror birds (or "axebeaks" in AD&D), as well as other flightless birds such as ostriches/emus/rheas
x) Snakes - snake swarms, spitting cobras, amphisbaena, dire snakes that combine constriction and poison (as per 3.5e), easier level 1-3 snakes (as opposed to the level 5-16 snakes in MM 4e)
x) Monkeys/orangutans - fast pouncers, unlike the tough apes; maybe even monkey swarms? or winged monkeys?
x) "Leviathans"/cetaceans - orcas, sperm whales, narwhals, dolphins, blue whales - maybe some type of sonic pulse attack?
x) Giant snapping turtles
x) Eels - electric, moray
x) Fish - swordfish, piranha swarms, barracudas
x) Deer/gazelles/rams/bulls
x) Giant sloths
x) Baboon packs
x) Seals/walruses

Best -- C.
choi9999
Ill-Fated Peasant

Re: re: Critter Caches

Post by choi9999 »

Oh, also - any plans for 4e adventure compilations? I have all of the DCC d20 adventure compilations - good stuff.
Blackdirge
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Blackdirge »

Hi there,

Yes, more Critter Caches are on the way. Critter Cache IV: Fey Folk will be released next week, followed by Critter Cache V: Daemons in April.

BD
Aeryn "Blackdirge" Rudel
choi9999
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by choi9999 »

Just discovered "In Search of Adventure." Any plans to release more such compilations in future? (As aforementioned, I was a fan of the similar DCC adventure compilations.)

Return to “4E Products”