Any Plans for 4e Campaign in a Box Adventures/ Campaigns?

Forum for Master Dungeons, Forgotten Heroes, Hero's Handbook, and all our other 4E products except for Dungeon Crawl Classics.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Swashbuckler
Ill-Fated Peasant

Any Plans for 4e Campaign in a Box Adventures/ Campaigns?

Post by Swashbuckler »

Just curious, if you guys have any plans for 4e massive adventures in the vein of Castle White Rock in the near or distant futrue?

I am asking because my group and I so loved Whiterock, best game supplement ever, btw guys. Our hats are off to you ll for making such a wonderful game experience for us all.

Thanks,

~Swash~
Blackdirge
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: Any Plans for 4e Campaign in a Box Adventures/ Campaigns?

Post by Blackdirge »

Hi, Swashbuckler. Welcome to the boards.

Currently, there are no plans for a massive, boxed adventure like Castle Whiterock. Some of us are still recovering from our first foray into mega-dungeon territory. :D

BD
Aeryn "Blackdirge" Rudel
Swashbuckler
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Swashbuckler »

Thanks for such a speedy response. I can only imagine how massive a project that would have been. A true magnum opus, but let me know if something turns up. I just dont have the time for such a massive well rounded project myself, even though my players seem to want another one. So do I. :) We had a awsome time, thanks for all your hard work and massive effort on CWR.

~Swash~
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Jengenritz »

Glad you guys liked it. I take it from the tone of the previous two posts that you finished the entire thing? That's pretty impressive!
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
Swashbuckler
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Swashbuckler »

Jengenritz wrote:Glad you guys liked it. I take it from the tone of the previous two posts that you finished the entire thing? That's pretty impressive!
Yes, my group did finish the entire dungeon. But all added up we have over 100 years of D&D expereince, damn that makes me feel old. It was fantastic. It took us over a year or real time, trying to play every weekend, but life does happen sometimes. But it was the best purchased adventure/campaign we have ever been through. I have to say far better than anything I could have done on this scale myself. I just dont have the time to design something so comprehensive. I would love to do so, but at some point my wife (who plays) wants me to go to work.

I have to say we had an awsome group. They even impressed me, I know how good they are; but wow. Espescially my daughter (12-13 yo during campaign) who played the most awsome barbarian character ever seenaround these parts. I have to give her cudos for being the one who figured out that the natural organ in the 4th level was trying to talk to them, despite her uncle's insitance it was a trap.

We all have so many great memories from this campaign that I could go on for hours. Sometimes, we do sit and talk about it for hours. But they are all excited for a 4e campaign in a box.

My group figured out very early on that they needed to keep things cautious and investigate the mountain more than just kick in the next door. Though sometimes when things would drag my daughter would do just that just to see what would happen. :D

They took thier time and found every sublevel, though not always in a linear order. Like when they decided the lvl 3 Orcs were a serious challenge and after a regroup in town wandered around the mountain until they found the backdoor to the Trogs of lvl 6, and an even bigger challenge. But they all survived. Though, my daughter's barbarian collapsed several times at the end of encoutners.

Only a couple of near fatalities, but with a Gnome Cleric (who decided to retire on as the new librarian and headmaster of the Academy); and a Elf Druid, the fatalities were really minimized. What really kept them from getting killed was knowing when to run. My players are good, and almost too cautious. But it was awsome fun.

I have to give a Cast of Characters:

RAPTIRA (Female Human Barbarian, She decided in generating her character she was looking for an ancestor in the mountain, and his magic battle axe. By far the DM's best freind when thigs would start to slow down. Perfect counter point to my older players overly cautious approach. Well played barabarian if I do say so myself.) -- my daughter

RALF "The Face Melter" (Female Human Sorceress, during character creation she was goign to call herslef Claire, but with a moment of good natured popculture teasing it was decided that Claire was a "fat girl name" and the name was quashed. She earned the moniker of "Face Melter" for her tendency early on for using acid spells on Orcs, later she recovered the Staff with Acid Effects from the Drow in the Great Cavern, adn the name came back. No one believes I did not change that staff to fit her character.) -- My wife, best arcane player I still have ever seen, who has never read a Players Handbook cover to cover, but she knows every spell and spell combo.

DEZ "The Freind Maker" (Female Elf Druid, they called her the Freind maker because she would go out of her way to try to pacify or make freinds with any non sentient threat they came across. She came because of legends of fey demi plane udner the mountain. Later went back to take over as the mistress of Far Garden.) -- My Brother's first character (yes we had two players with a pair of characters each as our group is a foursome.

MUGEN "Shotgun Mugen" (Male Human Ranger (archer), Dez's unwanted lovesick puppy sidekick. He was built purely as a ranged combat guy. He was built with the lovesick sidekick side story and the total desire to kill (shoot down) a red dragon. Boy he was sooooo bummed when they discovered that there was no red dragon at the bottom of the mountain. Later retired to Far Garden to take over the place of the centaur who did not survive.) -- My brother's Secondary Character

Chevalier..... (old skool male gnome name) Called CHEV "the Tasty" for short (Gnome Cleric / Scholar. Later he would become overwhelmed with the clockwork academy and all but multiclassed into an artificer. Went to the mountain in search of evidence of the academy. After discovering the library he would later retire to take over that eternal position. Earned his title 'the Tasty' for his awsome luck of being swallowed whole by most things larger than him. :D This was a great character who totaly fell into the story line of the dungeon. My wife had to beg him to play a gnome, too, since after CWR we were going to head into 4e and we had heard that gnomes were not going be released in the first year; and Gnomes are by far his favorite race to play. I really think this was his favorite character ever, and he has been playing for close to thirty years now.) -- My best freind, the gnomophile

KLIVE "the Hammerer" (Male Half-orc Fighter, Chev's loyal blood oath bodyguard. Never knew why anyone would want to keep going back into that mountain, but he kept going with his trusty maul. he decided he hated that mountain after kicking some slaver butt early on and deciding while everyoen else was camping for the night in the castle courtyard taht he would endulge his favorite pastime, while on guard duty, night fishing, in the lake with really big and bad thingies. This at least got them all running headlong into the second level. :D Later he found a very handy magic flying fishing chair, after clobbering the head of the Thane of Narborg finally. Kilve did at least get one useful magic item that he could fish from in his retirement.) -- My best freind's number 2.

And no account of our party would be complete without MARVIN, Marvin did not exist. Marvin was a figment of the party's imagination. Once they discovered that they had people looking for them, they began spreading rumors that they were merely mercenaries working for Marvin the Magnificent. This subterfuge was a lot of fun, they think it was far more effective at keeping bad guys off thier backs than it was. But it was a great character not appearing in this adventure. Now every NPC they run across who is without a name becomes "MARVIN" in his honor, who knows maybe he is Marvin?

Again thanks for this awsome piece of work, it was a ton of fun. We all are hoping you folks will do something like this in the future. By far and away the best adventure, best campaign any of us have ever enjoyed. Thank you, thank you all.

~Swash~ and gaming family.
Ken Hart
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Ken Hart »

Wow, that's very cool. Thanks for sharing that!
DCC, DragonMech, Etherscope editor
Writer: "Madness at the Mutilated Oak," DCC #48: The Adventure Continues;
DCC #52: Chronicle of the Fiend

"It really is the height of pessimism to have a hat lined with chain mail." --Mrs. Peel
darjr
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by darjr »

That sounds like it was a blast.

I second the thanks!

Return to “4E Products”