Level Up

Forum for Master Dungeons, Forgotten Heroes, Hero's Handbook, and all our other 4E products except for Dungeon Crawl Classics.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: Level Up

Post by Treebore »

I finally got one of the two copies I asked for at my LGS linked in the previous post. I also used the PDF code with no problems. Looks great guys!
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!
Blackdirge
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Blackdirge »

Treebore wrote:I finally got one of the two copies I asked for at my LGS linked in the previous post. I also used the PDF code with no problems. Looks great guys!
Thanks! Glad you were finally able to track down a copy.

BD
Aeryn "Blackdirge" Rudel
HotHead
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by HotHead »

Treebore wrote:He still hasn't gotten my copies in! WTH!?!?
I was with you. I have ONE LGS I prefer to support. The owner is a great guy, and I do all I can to support him. I live in a smaller city (about 13,000 people) and he has the only gaming store in town. I saw the advertisement for Level Up back in February at a store in Lansing, Mi (this store is about 30 miles away). I immediately gave it to the owner who put it on order. He just told me last week he was not able to get any copies but would with #2. It broke my heart.

I felt like a 2 timing jerk having to go to another store! I know it is only $1.99 but It all adds up. Long story short, I got it, I love it and have been telling anyone I know it is well worth the money(heck even $4or 5). So I brought my copy in to show Mike, the owner of the LGS (and my friend too) he was geeked. So I thought I will try to pick up a copy of it to buy for him and went to another gaming store in Flint ( twisted I know) and they were sold out. What a bummer. I hope you guys can ship some more, any clue?
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

Blackdirge wrote:I'll utter only this cryptic phrase:

Cthulhu Crawl Classics

Make of that what you will. :twisted:
Hey! I'm still in pain. (See my previous post.)

Just in case anyone forgot that I'm here and still in pain. :cry:

I know I'll need to wait until July...I just felt like...erm....emoting about things.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Guys, please feel free to email me or PM me at joseph@goodman-games.com whenever a store has trouble getting a product. I'm usually able to help sort it out. With Level Up it was the best kind of problem - sales were good so distributors were temporarily sold out - but even in that circumstance I can usually help the retailers find an alternate distributor to make sure you get your copies.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

goodmangames wrote:Guys, please feel free to email me or PM me at joseph@goodman-games.com whenever a store has trouble getting a product. I'm usually able to help sort it out. With Level Up it was the best kind of problem - sales were good so distributors were temporarily sold out - but even in that circumstance I can usually help the retailers find an alternate distributor to make sure you get your copies.
I gave a link to my LGS on the previous page of this thread, I would like to get the second copy I had ordered, plus he was "out" of them.

As long as he has been around I would think he would have better distributor connections.

Glad to hear the type of problem Level Up! is having! Despite the opinions of others I thought the loss of Dragon and Dungeon in print was leaving a "hunger" that the digital stuff would not fill. Fortunately I also have Knockspell, Fight On!, and Kobold Quarterly to also help feed my hunger. Big Iron Vault may also become a winner as well.
HotHead
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by HotHead »

goodmangames wrote:Guys, please feel free to email me or PM me at joseph@goodman-games.com whenever a store has trouble getting a product. I'm usually able to help sort it out. With Level Up it was the best kind of problem - sales were good so distributors were temporarily sold out - but even in that circumstance I can usually help the retailers find an alternate distributor to make sure you get your copies.
Thanks for the help. I will PM you the info I have.

I will echo what has been said, this is a good problem to have for Level Up. While I subscribe to DND Insider and love most of what I get, I miss having a real magazine to read. For some reason their is an enjoyment I get out of relaxing while reading a mag as opposed to sitting in front of a monitor screen, or reading off computer paper. I am excited that Level-Up is such a high quality product. Thanks Guys!
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

Well Joe, either you called my LGS, Pyrimid Comics and Games, or he finally got a good supplier, because not only did he have my copy in today, but he had a nice stack of maybe 8 more on his shelves. Plus WW D&D Game Day gave me the perfect opportunity to sit there at the tables and talk up your magazine, and I am pretty sure at least 2 of them went to buy their own, and one more was already a fan and helped me talk about how good a deal it is!
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

That's awesome. Thanks for the support, Treebore.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

Harley Stroh wrote:That's awesome. Thanks for the support, Treebore.

//H

Well it makes it rather easy to support something when it is so well done, and at such a great price.
Jeff LaSala
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Jeff LaSala »

Have you guys noticed Level Up issue #2 is listed now... :)

http://www.goodman-games.com/9102preview.html
Goodman Games: DCCs: #29, #31, #35, #48, #49, #51; Hero's Handbooks: Dragonborn, Tieflings; Level Up
Wizards of the Coast: The Darkwood Mask
Blindsided Books: Savant
Ashlock.org; NY Speculative Fiction Examiner
Syffin
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Syffin »

I just ordered issue one from the online store and also the four issue subscription (which starts with issue two) and I can't wait until the first one arrives!
mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Why Joe Goodman is awesome.

Post by mythfish »

My LGS repeatedly told me they were out of Level Up, their distributors were out of Level Up, and there was no way in heck they would be getting more copies. A word or two in Joe's ear, and then my LGS called me today to let me know they had more copies in. Huzzah! Thanks, Joe!

Azagar is by far my favorite part of the whole magazine. That and the lizardwolves actually having feathers. Nice job, Aeryn.
Dieter Zimmerman
[[Faceless Minion of the Dark Master]]
sgstyrsky
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by sgstyrsky »

Not to be pushy, but does anyone know if issue 2 has shipped yet? Please take my impatience as eagerness to receive a really high-quality product.

Thanks!
My 4e work:

The Book of Rituals
Goodman Games

Warlock Pacts
Adamant Entertainment

The Iron Gazetteer
Open Design
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

sgstyrsky wrote:Not to be pushy, but does anyone know if issue 2 has shipped yet? Please take my impatience as eagerness to receive a really high-quality product.

Thanks!

All I can tell you is my LGS didn't have it Monday, and its on my order list, so they should be getting it in ASAP.
Blackdirge
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Blackdirge »

Hey guys,

We ran into a bit of a delay with issue two, but it's at the printers, and subscribers should have their copy by the first week of August.

BD
Aeryn "Blackdirge" Rudel
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

Thanks! I just like to know so I don't waste my time driving an hour one way for nothing.
sgstyrsky
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by sgstyrsky »

Thanks for update!
My 4e work:

The Book of Rituals
Goodman Games

Warlock Pacts
Adamant Entertainment

The Iron Gazetteer
Open Design
sgstyrsky
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by sgstyrsky »

Hey yall,

Has issue No. 2 shipped yet?

Thanks!
My 4e work:

The Book of Rituals
Goodman Games

Warlock Pacts
Adamant Entertainment

The Iron Gazetteer
Open Design
jgerman
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by jgerman »

I've been waiting on issue two as well. They were at Gencon but my subscription copy is still MIA :)
Burchard
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Burchard »

I got my copy of #2 today! Let me just say that I love the Cthulhu Crawl Classic adventure! It combines the awesomeness that is Call of Cthulhu with the horror of The Shadow Over Innsmouth. It's going right into my Paragon campaign!
Author: Soloquest series of adventures by Kenzer & Co.
Need a new gaming song? Check out Fourth Level Fighter. Lyrics/bass by me. Vocals/guitars/drums by my buddy, Aaron. Download it and spread the word!
Blackdirge
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Blackdirge »

Burchard wrote:I got my copy of #2 today! Let me just say that I love the Cthulhu Crawl Classic adventure! It combines the awesomeness that is Call of Cthulhu with the horror of The Shadow Over Innsmouth. It's going right into my Paragon campaign!
Cool. Glad you liked the CCC; it was a blast to write. Stay tuned, there is more 4E Cthulhu goodness (awfulness?) to come. :twisted:

BD
Aeryn "Blackdirge" Rudel
krate
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by krate »

Still waiting on my copy of Level Up #2 to arrive...I guess it'll arrive when the stars are right! :wink:
I look forward to it! Can't wait!
Please visit my DeviantArt page http://krateworx.deviantart.com/
sgstyrsky
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by sgstyrsky »

Mine arrived yesterday and I plunged right in.

The Deep Ones and Dagon are completely awesome. Please keep giving us those horrors from beyond space and time.

The Watchkin remarkable race was great too!
My 4e work:

The Book of Rituals
Goodman Games

Warlock Pacts
Adamant Entertainment

The Iron Gazetteer
Open Design
krate
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by krate »

The stars are right! My copy arrived today! Woohoo! Time to read all this game goodness.
Please visit my DeviantArt page http://krateworx.deviantart.com/

Return to “4E Products”