I want to play a Druid

Forum for Master Dungeons, Forgotten Heroes, Hero's Handbook, and all our other 4E products except for Dungeon Crawl Classics.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Nuwanda
Ill-Fated Peasant

I want to play a Druid

Post by Nuwanda »

Is it possible to get a glimpse at some of the rules of the your "Forgotten Heroes"- Book. I want to play a Druid, but the group starts next week. If you gave me Information about the powers of a 2nd level Druid You'd force me to buy the book for advancing in level. That would be a win-win situation, if you ask me :).

Keep up your good work
Regards from Germany
Tavis
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: I want to play a Druid

Post by Tavis »

Ask and you shall receive, Nuwanda! A PDF preview of the druid has just gone up here. It goes all the way up to level 5, but I bet the lure of druidic feats and magic items will tempt you to buy the book before then...
Co-author: Forgotten Heroes: Fist, Fang, and Song and Scythe and Shroud; Heroes' Handbook: Eladrin; and two finished Goodman projects that haven't been announced yet, with others on the drawing board!
Nuwanda
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Nuwanda »

Hey, the Druid-Powers sound great. Not much damage but much "controlling", I like that. Constantly slowing your enemies or knocking them prown is probably fun, expecially if you join a band of strikers which need combat advantage for extra damage.

There are even non-combat-powers (like wildshape, summon familiar), which i apreciate much, since one of the main flaws concerning the new Edition is, that it's too much focused on fighting. The familiar is back in, but it is alot easier to handle now. I will definitely try your rules.

However, there are Questions left.

For example: Where do I get my implements? Am I supposed to start with a fetish? How much does it cost me? Do I still benefit from it (getting more damage off a weapon) when its not magical (like, say, an unmagical rod or staff)?
Arakor
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Arakor »

Spotted one mistake:
Bear: When your bear is hit by a melee attack, you can make a saving throw as an immediate interrupt. If you succeed, your bear is unharmed. You can add your Constitution modifier to Intimidate checks made using your bear.
Wolf: When your bear is hit by a ranged attack, you can make a saving throw as an immediate interrupt. If you succeed, your bear is unharmed. You can add your Constitution modifier to Stealth checks made using your bear.
Gareth Larter
Secretary & WebTyrant | http://www.phoenixgamesclub.org.uk/
SysAdmin | http://www.deniableresources.co.uk/
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Arakor wrote:Spotted one mistake:
Bear: When your bear is hit by a melee attack, you can make a saving throw as an immediate interrupt. If you succeed, your bear is unharmed. You can add your Constitution modifier to Intimidate checks made using your bear.
Wolf: When your bear is hit by a ranged attack, you can make a saving throw as an immediate interrupt. If you succeed, your bear is unharmed. You can add your Constitution modifier to Stealth checks made using your bear.
Is it a mistake, or meant as some kind of role-play-spurring rivalry between the bear and the wolf...?

Is anyone else picturing a kind of Looney Tunes scenario...?

...just me, eh?
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham

Return to “4E Products”