New Miniatures?

What games do you want to see? What can we do better?

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

New Miniatures?

Post by DCCfan »

Will you produce any miniatures based on the Castle Whiterock campaign setting? Chauntessa and the inns patrons would be a nice start. The orcs with cloud giant bloodlines would be nice too.
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10
DCCfan

Re: New Miniatures?

Post by DCCfan »

I'm guessing the answer is no. I saw GG minis on clearance for two bucks at gencon this year. Did this line just not sell very well? Was this price just a con special or has this line of minis been retired to the clearance bin?
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

The minis did well but they're a distraction from the core business of doing modules. The format I like the best for these was the tournament edition of Vault of the Dragon Kings, where we included the minis with the module. That's something I'm still considering for future releases. Miniatures by themselves are often stocked away from the modules in game stores... but minis in a box are presented to the players in one package, and enhance the play experience in the same way that handouts, battle maps, props, and other elements do.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Ramone
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Ramone »

Would Goodman consider teaming up with someone like Reaper Minis to produce a line of DCC miniatures? It was stated that the focus has been to veer away from minis because it's not the 'core business'. But I think just the opposite is true. Look at Wizards--and TSR before them. They have/had their own mini lines. In fact, WotC is HUGE into the figures.

That said, I'd love to see a resurgence in Goodman minis. One of the best clerics I ever bought was Veriander Lyras! Unfortunately I can no longer find any decent wererat minis. I have to special order them. How can I host a "Idylls of the Rat King" without?? :(

I personally think Reaper would be great--they even have a DHL Classics line--a nostalgic series that is sized/designed after Grenadier and Ral Partha. Here's a sample of the wizards 3-pack: http://reapermini.com/FigureFinder#detail/03335

Another option would be Ironwind Metals who currently have the casts for many Ral minis.

Please bring the minis back!
Ramone
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Ramone »

I'd like to bump this up to see if there's anyone else out there interested in GG minis. (Please read my previous post.)
Sir Brown
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Sir Brown »

:mrgreen: I love Miniatures i say Goodman if you could be so kind :D especerly for your 4th ed games like the Thirsty Grandmother love to paint that hag :lol:

and like heroes boxsets since its a little hard to find dragon borne minis and Teeflings

Please with big Puppy Dog eyes
Make Love & War Come on theres Death Both ways AH HA HA HA HA HA
Ramone
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Ramone »

Well it looks like Reaper is going to be making minis for Paizo's Pathfinder RPG. Even the free Retro Clone Swords and Wizardry has a mini manufacturer (Center Stage Miniatures).

Wondering if this has any effect on Goodman's plans and if licensing minis might be a possibility. Personally I think Otherworld makes some fantastic, old-school minis: http://www.otherworld.me.uk

Licensing seems like the way to go, then you're not outlaying extra cost for starting up a new venture--you just find a partner!

More details:
Paizo's Pathfinder and Reaper: http://paizo.com/paizo/news/v5748eaic9maw

S&W and Center Stage: http://www.swordsandwizardry.com/?p=153
DCCfan

Post by DCCfan »

This sounds like a great sugestion. I would love to see some new GG minis.

Ramone wrote:Well it looks like Reaper is going to be making minis for Paizo's Pathfinder RPG. Even the free Retro Clone Swords and Wizardry has a mini manufacturer (Center Stage Miniatures).

Wondering if this has any effect on Goodman's plans and if licensing minis might be a possibility. Personally I think Otherworld makes some fantastic, old-school minis: http://www.otherworld.me.uk

Licensing seems like the way to go, then you're not outlaying extra cost for starting up a new venture--you just find a partner!

More details:
Paizo's Pathfinder and Reaper: http://paizo.com/paizo/news/v5748eaic9maw

S&W and Center Stage: http://www.swordsandwizardry.com/?p=153

Ramone
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Ramone »

And now it sounds like Otherworld is doing minis for Labyrinth Lord. A fine match, I'd say. How about it Goodman? Any thoughts on partnering up with someone? :wink:

Here's the news: http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/2010/03/07/34210
DCCfan

Post by DCCfan »

I forgot all about this topic as well. I don't know the money side of this but can't you release even one small box set a year? Something like a 6 figure adventureing party or a group of monsters. Are metal minis dieing out?

Ramone
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Ramone »

DCCfan wrote:I forgot all about this topic as well. I don't know the money side of this but can't you release even one small box set a year? Something like a 6 figure adventureing party or a group of monsters. Are metal minis dieing out?
I can't imagine they are with everyone upping production and expanding into new lines.
DCCfan

Post by DCCfan »

Then I guess I can't help but ask... Why no GG miniatures?

DCCfan

Post by DCCfan »

goodmangames wrote:The minis did well but they're a distraction from the core business of doing modules. The format I like the best for these was the tournament edition of Vault of the Dragon Kings, where we included the minis with the module. That's something I'm still considering for future releases. Miniatures by themselves are often stocked away from the modules in game stores... but minis in a box are presented to the players in one package, and enhance the play experience in the same way that handouts, battle maps, props, and other elements do.
Will you consider including minis with the release of the new DCC RPG in a cool retro box? Maybe with the dice and crayon too?

goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Minis in a boxed set would be cool but right now that's not part of the plans.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Return to “Suggestion Box”