another suggestion

What games do you want to see? What can we do better?

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: another suggestion

Post by Harley Stroh »

Once again, you guys are right. :) It did get detailed in DCC #35 ... I'm nearly certain of it. No really.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Re: another suggestion

Post by finarvyn »

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned "Reverse Dungeon", which was an AD&D 2E module where players took the roles of critters in a dungeon and their goal was to wipe out a band of dungeon adventurers.

I think that a module such as this can be fun as a one-shot but I wouldn't be interested in an entire campaign based on the concept. My players like to try crazy and/or unusual things sometimes but in general are more interested in traditional roles in their games. (For example, the new D&D GAMMA WORLD offers a character race of "giant cockroach" and my players chuckled over it for an evening, then said "let's move on...")
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman

Return to “Suggestion Box”