Goodman Games

Fan Forums
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: DCC new printing format
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:28 am 
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Joseph, I just picked up Legacy of the Hero-Kings, and it's very cool. I did notice one thing however. They were on the new releases shelf with no shrink-wrap, and there happened to be two in the particular cubbyhole/shelf. So the guts of the module had slipped out of the covers a bit.

I don't know the logistics, but shipping them with an unattached cover (which incidentally is a GREAT improvement IMO) and no SW will create a chance for them to get mangled in handling, on the shelf, etc.

I love products on the shelf without shrinkwrap as a consumer, but with the loose map cover it looked like they might not hold up well on the shelf over time.

Take care.

BB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:45 pm 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

They are shrink wrapped in packs of 2. That keeps them safe through the supply chain. Then the retailer removes the shrink wrap once they're in the store. I agree there is the risk of the parts coming apart. I balance that against the frustration I remember from being a kid and not being able to see what's inside the shrink wrap. :) Packing them in 2's means they're safe through the supply chain but separated at the retail end, hopefully satisfying all parties.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:37 pm 
Far-Sighted Wanderer

And again, nicely done. There were two on the shelf, so that seems to make sense.

If C&C books (and your mods) are any indication, I think these guys (Gamescape in SF, CA) only order two at a time of anything!

BB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:22 am 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Cool. I used to live around the corner from that store. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:01 am 
Ill-Fated Peasant

I was just cruising through the forums and saw this thread.

I just bought DCC#17, and the store I got it from (Sentry Box in Calgary, Alberta...great store) put the module in a large comic bag to hold things together (like the bags for large format graphic novels or magazines). It kept everything together nicely. Not sure what it would cost on your end to add it, but it worked very well.

BTW...I posted a question on DCC#17 and Harley responded 5 hrs after my posting...GREAT service!!!! I will definitely be buying more modules for our group (DCC#17 was the first GG product my playing group has purchased)

benevolent-dm (sometimes :twisted: )