A Lost City Adventure

What games do you want to see? What can we do better?

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Renshai
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

A Lost City Adventure

Post by Renshai »

I'd like to see a DDC revolving around a lost city, where the PCs explore various parts of the city. Perhaps they are striking out from some local frontier keep as they delve deeper and deeper into the forgotten ruins of a once rich cultural center..

Just an idea...
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

I like that idea. Perhaps one located in a northern clime as opposed to the more traditional desert or jungle location?
ynnen
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by ynnen »

This year's 2005 GenCon DCC Tournament Module, Vault of the Dragon Kings, centers around exploring an ancient dragon city, lost to time somewhere within snow-capped mountains in the high altitude...

While not as large a civilization or traditional city structure as most humanoids, a sense of exploration and discovery was a major influence while developing the module. It may scratch the itch your feeling, or perhaps lead you to incorporate the content into a much larger context.
Crypt of the Devil Lich, Dungeon Interludes, The Mask of Death, Adventure Begins, Vault of the Dragon Kings, the Power Gamers Wizard Strategy Guide, The Adventure Continues, Palace in the Wastes and PhoenixCrawl Open
Renshai
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Renshai »

Great. Is that module going to be availabe for purchase in the future? I can't make it to Gen Con this year due to work deadlines and other real world matters. I've already added the Frosteye Mountains and the Vault to my Dungeon Crawl Classics Campaign Map though :)
ynnen
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by ynnen »

The module will "debut" at GenCon in play-format only -- after GenCon we'll add some fun notes about running the tournament and then format the content for publication (securing art, handouts, maps, all that good stuff)... I'm sure there will also be plenty of interesting posts and comments about the module after GenCon, so you can see if this module will fill the niche you're looking for.

I'm guessing (but only Joseph knows for sure, so take my guess with a grain of salt) that the module will be available early '06 -- it takes a bit longer to layout, proof and print a full color module than a B/W interior module... especially since I'm assuming it's cheaper to use an overseas printer for such an endeavor. But as I said, that's all conjecture.
Crypt of the Devil Lich, Dungeon Interludes, The Mask of Death, Adventure Begins, Vault of the Dragon Kings, the Power Gamers Wizard Strategy Guide, The Adventure Continues, Palace in the Wastes and PhoenixCrawl Open

Return to “Suggestion Box”