Idea for GenCon Indy 2006 Tourney

What games do you want to see? What can we do better?

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Black Knight
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Idea for GenCon Indy 2006 Tourney

Post by Black Knight »

OK, I'm jumping the gun waaaaaaaaaaaaay too early here. But, hey, I'm not able to make this year's con so I figure why not put the bee in the bonnet now.

How about not only advancing the players' teams up through the rounds, how about also advancing the best GMs from each round to the next too, by player vote?

Example follows:

Players
26 teams (round 1) --> 13 teams (round 2) --> 6 teams (round 3) --> 3 teams (final round)

GMs
14-26 GMs (round 1) --> 13 GMs (round 2) --> 6 GMs (round 3) --> 3 GMs (final round)

Players score points (as with Devil Lich) to advance, however the players also fill out a packet to rate their GM. GM's with multiple 1st round slots sound like they'd get extra points, not so. Take the average of all points for them for each round. This would ensure that the best players and GMs advance for the final rounds and the best experiences possible for everyone involved.

Maybe a little trophy for the winning GM ("Best Player Killer" or "Overlord of Sado-Masochistic Role Players").

Just a thought, input welcome.
JP Quinn
Owner, Dolmen Creative
Giving dice to your imagination!
Goodman Games Writing Credits: A few 3E DCCs, a Complete Guide, and a few books for Blackmoor.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Interesting idea! I especially like the idea of trophies for GMs. "Most Character Fatalities," "Most Visually Stunning PC Death"... this could be fun. :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Return to “Suggestion Box”