More multiple adventure books.

What games do you want to see? What can we do better?

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

slimykuotoan
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

More multiple adventure books.

Post by slimykuotoan »

...like Dungeon Interludes.

A compilation of really handy, one-nighters, with the option of continuing the campaign onwards.

I'm sooo impressed with this one.
ynnen
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by ynnen »

Thanks for the nod. I really liked the concept I pitched to Joseph about the inter-related adventures, each originally designed to be a one- or two-nighter ... I'm glad you've enjoyed it so far, as well.

I'd also love to see other adventures in the Interludes mold, to see a series of related scenarios that could be run back-to-back, or sprinkled every other level or so throughout a campaign to keep a recurring villain, plot or threat looming on the horizon.
Crypt of the Devil Lich, Dungeon Interludes, The Mask of Death, Adventure Begins, Vault of the Dragon Kings, the Power Gamers Wizard Strategy Guide, The Adventure Continues, Palace in the Wastes and PhoenixCrawl Open
slimykuotoan
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

yip

Post by slimykuotoan »

My whole group is now crying for them.

It's just that one-nighters 'fill the bill', for us elderly, busy folk.
Ken Hart
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Ken Hart »

The forthcoming DCC #49: The Adventure Continues is mostly comprised of one-nighters for PCs of 4th-6th levels, although like all the DCCs they can be modified. While they're not interrelated, many of them do have loose ends or plot hooks that can lead to other adventures in your campaign.

Here's the link:
http://www.goodman-games.com/5047preview.php

--Ken (whose first writing contribution to the DCCs will be in the new collection - yay me!)
DCC, DragonMech, Etherscope editor
Writer: "Madness at the Mutilated Oak," DCC #48: The Adventure Continues;
DCC #52: Chronicle of the Fiend

"It really is the height of pessimism to have a hat lined with chain mail." --Mrs. Peel
Blackdirge
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Blackdirge »

Ken Hart wrote:--Ken (whose first writing contribution to the DCCs will be in the new collection - yay me!)
Of the bunch I proofed and/or edited, yours was one of my favorites. Even your stat blocks were pretty solid. :D

BD
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Jengenritz »

Well, the soon-to-be-released tournament module Chronicle of the Fiend (steered under Harley Stroh's capable captaincy) is another Interludes-style adventure...level breaks at 0, 8, and 10.

I also want to say that I enjoyed the Hell out of Interludes.
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
Ken Hart
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Ken Hart »

Blackdirge wrote:Of the bunch I proofed and/or edited, yours was one of my favorites. Even your stat blocks were pretty solid. :D
High praise indeed from the Sultan of Stat Blocks! :-) Thanks for the compliment. It was a lot of fun to write, and Joseph and Harley provided great advice on my initial draft.

--Ken
DCC, DragonMech, Etherscope editor
Writer: "Madness at the Mutilated Oak," DCC #48: The Adventure Continues;
DCC #52: Chronicle of the Fiend

"It really is the height of pessimism to have a hat lined with chain mail." --Mrs. Peel
Blackdirge
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Blackdirge »

Ken Hart wrote:High praise indeed from the Sultan of Stat Blocks!
Actually, Ken, I prefer "Lord of the Stats". :D

BD
Steinkel
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Steinkel »

Yes, that is a very good idea. Dungeon Interludes is fantastic, one of the best DCC out there. It's just a mere coincidence, but i'm already preparing this module for play. We should start playing it in a couple of weeks.

This is me in my private reading room. :wink:

Bring us more modules like DCC 14!!!.

Hasta la vista! :wink:

Return to “Suggestion Box”