Will there be more 1st edition adventures?

What games do you want to see? What can we do better?

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

slimykuotoan
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Will there be more 1st edition adventures?

Post by slimykuotoan »

goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Yes... :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

She's headed into playtesting early next week.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
tacojohn4547
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by tacojohn4547 »

The first playtest group for this upcoming First Edition adventure finished their playtest last weekend. The other playtest group should finish this Saturday.

Then we're on to final editing and layout...

tacojohn4547
tacojohn4547
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by tacojohn4547 »

bumpity bump :D

The playtests are done, the re-writing has been done, and the final draft manuscript(s) have been submitted....

...now its off to layout.....

:D :D :D

tacojohn4547
tacojohn4547
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

First Edition DCC available at Gen Con 2007

Post by tacojohn4547 »

Hello fellow Goodman Games forum regulars,

I know you’ll pardon the commercial post. :wink:
We thought the DCC fans might be interested in this announcement.

At next month’s Gen Con, Goodman Games will have available for sale a new First Edition version Dungeon Crawl Classics adventure called Saga of the Witch Queen.

This DCC adventure, or more accurately this DCC adventure compilation, is the product of the combined efforts of well known DCC author Harley Stroh and myself, lowly First Edition dungeon master Jon Hershberger. Harley and I have pulled together Dungeon Crawl Classics #17 Legacy of the Savage Kings and #17.5 War of the Witch Queen, added a bridging adventure called The Lost Passage of the Drow, and converted the whole thing to First Edition.

The conversion to First Edition is every bit as complete, if not more so, than last year’s 1E version of DCC #12.5 Iron Crypt of the Heretics. The monster and NPC stat blocks have been replaced with First Edition standard stat blocks (there are a few “improved” monsters whose 1E stats have been taken up a notch), spells and spell lists have been replaced by their First Edition predecessors (with a few new spells listed out like you’d see in the PHB), the DC mechanics have been replaced by standard First Edition rules mechanics, and the magic items have been converted or replaced by their First Edition versions.

This DCC adventure compilation will be 80 pages, and will be available at booth #2615. Goodman Games has committed to have plenty of copies on hand for the convention. However, they are going to limit purchases at the convention to two (2) copies per person. If you're interested, be sure to come by the booth. Early is probably better, especially considering the availability of this year’s Gen Con special.

If you’re unable to attend Gen Con, or miss out on this DCC compilation, Goodman Games will be making this available for order from the online store for a limited time following Gen Con.

Here’s the link to where the cover preview has now been posted:

http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... php?t=2204

Jon Hershberger
tacojohn4547
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

I will, obviously to tacoJ, be buying this. Have to work my way through some awesome JG goodness first!
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!

Return to “Suggestion Box”