Original Adventures Reincarnated

What games do you want to see? What can we do better?

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Infamousbargle
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Original Adventures Reincarnated

Post by Infamousbargle »

Excited to hear that X1 will be out shortly. Original Adventures Reincarnated Volume 1 was outstanding.i especially like the interviews and notes. Well done sticking the dungeon with interesting subplots! I hope that X1 follows suit.

I imagine that intention of the the Original Adventures Reincarnated is to be able to faithfully reproduce classic modules without stepping on the toes of the copywriter holders limitiations. With that being said I imagine that this will limit the certain pool of “classic” adventuress. As well it seems that the classic AD&D line will be hugged closely by the copyright holders.

It is my assumption that you guys will be drawing mostly from B series and X series modules prior to the establishment of Mystara within the TSR timeline. Meaning probably no content published after the Red Box introduction. So more than likely that will make B3, B4, X2 and UK1 your most likely to appear next.

If that is the case. I would prefer X2. It would be nice to have more of Averionge detailed. Since the copywrite holders are stingy with the Mystara stuff you could recreate with a heavy Clark Ashton smith flavor.

Secondly B3 for the same reason that detailing the lost city would be a great opportunity to give it a Howard, Lovecraft or De Camp feel to the deeper levels. Zargon is a baddy that I’ve always felt should rival Demogorgon or Tiamat in my opinion.

Sorry the powers that be won’t let us help you out early with kickstarters!

Thanks again and good luck!
Sheridan
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: Original Adventures Reincarnated

Post by Sheridan »

I'd love to see you guys cover the old DA1-4 Dave Arneson Blackmoor modules in a future OAR release, maybe incorporating material from the original Blackmoor Supplement and First Fantasy Campaign as well. As the original publishers of 3rd edition Blackmoor and with the relationships you guys have has with Judges Guild, WotC, and Zeitgeist Games, it seems like GG is the best positioned publisher to be able to pull this off!
-Scott Moore
sjblackmannz
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Vagabond (Auckland) It doesn't carry any Goodman products.

Post by sjblackmannz »

Infamousbargle wrote: It is my assumption that you guys will be drawing mostly from B series and X series...

If that is the case. I would prefer X2. It would be nice to have more of [Averoigne] detailed... you could recreate with a heavy Clark Ashton Smith flavor.
I could not agree more. My most-wanted OAR releases are:

X2 (RIP Tom Moldvay. You totally ruled.)
S4/WG1
Infamousbargle
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Infamousbargle »

Infamousbargle
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Infamousbargle »

Thanks again!!!

Return to “Suggestion Box”