Status of Eldritch RPG?

A forum to discuss the Eldritch Role-Playing System.

Moderators: finarvyn, dancross

Coleston the Cavalier
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Status of Eldritch RPG?

Post by Coleston the Cavalier »

I've been busy with lots of other matters for months, but I'm giving Eldritch RPG another look.

Is the monster book still in the works?

I think I read some time back that the whole game might get reformatted with a new layout. Is that still planned as well?
John Adams
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: Status of Eldritch RPG?

Post by dancross »

The core book was recently edited to include all errata, as well as some customer feedback and options. The file was uploaded to RPGnow a few days ago. Any verified PDF purchaser will automatically be notified of the free update. :)

I'll have to update the FAQ file soon to reflect this.

The first monster article is done and in layout. I'll be submitting that to Goodman soon.
Coleston the Cavalier
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Well, cool!
John Adams
stevenoshea
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by stevenoshea »

If we purchased our copy through Paizo will we receive the free update as well?

Thanks.
Coleston the Cavalier
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

I down-loaded the new version from RPGNOW.com and will print it out later today. :)
John Adams
EvilCat
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by EvilCat »

Ow... Too bad my dead-tree format book won't update itself >_< Still, it's a good thing that the system evolves. I'd like to see more of it.
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

By the way, I'll continue to compile feedback and suggestions about the game. I plan on continuing updating the PDF periodically, making changes as indicated by the player base. I will never change the game fundamentally, and so the core rules from the 1st printing are still in effect and 100% relevant. I'll certainly add more options as they come up, such as the optional saving throws, and clarify other things as needed.

Keep posting your ideas. Anybody can write me directly at dan @ dancross.com about the game. I'd love to hear from you, even if it's constructive criticism. I'm sort of a one-man-show, so be patient. I care very much that anybody who invests in this game gets heard. :)
Kersus
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Kersus »

Is there still a print version available for sale?
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

Kersus wrote:Is there still a print version available for sale?
Oh, heck yeah! The print book is still 100% legitimate...the update I did to the PDF was for clarification, correcting typos, and adding a few optional rules. I WILL compile all of the optional rules that I added, put them into a PDF and post them on Goodman's site, officially, and ASAP. I'll also have to update the FAQ file.

Believe it or not, though it's been quiet (too quiet), I've got a lot of stuff in the works for this game. Eric Bergeron and I are working on some products together and I'm starting to put the main campaign setting material into layout. I've also got a short, but packed supplement to be announced shortly.
elrics
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by elrics »

dancross wrote:The core book was recently edited to include all errata, as well as some customer feedback and options. The file was uploaded to RPGnow a few days ago. Any verified PDF purchaser will automatically be notified of the free update.
I just re-downloaded the Eldritch RPG from yourgamesnow.com , where I bought it. It's the old, un-revised file. Has the new version been sent to YGN?
The most important single central fact about a free market is that no exchange takes place unless both parties benefit.
--Milton Friedman
Coleston the Cavalier
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

I got to read through the first half of updated version today.
Either I got smarter, or you have done an excellent job revising the text! I'm looking forward to finishing it tomorrow.

Great job, Dan! :)
John Adams
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

elrics wrote:
dancross wrote:The core book was recently edited to include all errata, as well as some customer feedback and options. The file was uploaded to RPGnow a few days ago. Any verified PDF purchaser will automatically be notified of the free update.
I just re-downloaded the Eldritch RPG from yourgamesnow.com , where I bought it. It's the old, un-revised file. Has the new version been sent to YGN?
I'll look into that, thank you.
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

Coleston the Cavalier wrote:I got to read through the first half of updated version today.
Either I got smarter, or you have done an excellent job revising the text! I'm looking forward to finishing it tomorrow.

Great job, Dan! :)
Thank you. I listen to feedback! 8)
Kersus
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Kersus »

What's the current status?
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

Kersus wrote:What's the current status?
The projects for Eldritch are still alive. I've teamed up with Eric Bergeron to create a new Eldritch Basic version coupled with Eric's new campaign setting. I'm also working on self-publishing the original campaign setting (Ainereve) so folks have access to that great work by Peter Schaefer (of Wizards fame). It's slow going, but we'll get it out there. I'm graduating from college in April, so I should have extra time after that to get these things out there.
Ze Groupe
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Ze Groupe »

Ding dong!

Hi Dan,

So any news on the new edition?

Hope all is well!
ZeornWarlock
Gongfarmer

Post by ZeornWarlock »

@Ze Groupe

It will take us a few more months before completion, but progress is going quite well. ;)

ZW.
Ze Groupe
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Ze Groupe »

ZeornWarlock wrote:@Ze Groupe

It will take us a few more months before completion, but progress is going quite well. ;)

ZW.
Hi mate,

Well let Dan know that if he wants us to put the new rules through their paces just to email or pm me.

Cheers.
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

Actually, I think another playtest group for Eric's new iteration of the Eldritch game will be a fine idea (I am the editor for the new book, he is the principle author). I'll talk to him about it. Just email me at danhcross@facebook.com to remind me. You can friend me there too.

The game is evolving well. This version is sort of akin to D&D being applied to Dark Sun or other unique settings; it is based on the original rules, but is custom for the campaign setting that is Eric Bergeron's brainchild. Eric, by the way, was always the official artist of ERP. He's been with us since the beginning. That way it does not invalidate the original rules, or the updated PDF. It is a campaign specific version with a lot of nifty new idea and features to make it totally unique. We'll reveal more as it goes into production stage.

Ze Groupe wrote:
ZeornWarlock wrote:@Ze Groupe

ZW.
Hi mate,

Well let Dan know that if he wants us to put the new rules through their paces just to email or pm me.

Cheers.

Return to “Eldritch Role-Playing System”