Range Definitions

A forum to discuss the Eldritch Role-Playing System.

Moderators: finarvyn, dancross

paeterboy
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Range Definitions

Post by paeterboy »

Are short, medium and long range for ranged weapons defined anywhere? Or does the GM decide how many feet constitutes "long range"?
CHRISTIAN SCI-FI AND FANTASY
Unsterilized, Unsafe...Unleashed!
www.spiritblade.net
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: Range Definitions

Post by dancross »

Here are the ranges from page 31. Let me know how your game goes!

Missile Weapon Ranges:
Long Bow 30/75/150
Short Bow 20/50/100
Compound Bow 50/100/300
Crossbow, heavy 55/115/200
Crossbow, light 75/150/300
Sling 10/20/50
Dagger, throwing 10/30/50
Spear 10/30/50
paeterboy
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by paeterboy »

Thanks, Dan!

My bad. Was looking at my book. Should have checked the PDF version before posting.
I'm assuming those numbers are in feet.
Yep, in feet. Sorry it wasn't in the book. At first I was leaving range up to the DM, who could use whatever ranges they felt appropriate, especially since the ERP game doesn't use minis or battle-mats for the most part. But I realized I should have given some guidelines, thus it was added in the updated PDF.
We had our first session Saturday night and although we spent most of the three hours creating character backstories, I took them all through a combat scenario at the end so we could all get a taste for the system.

It went great! I think the streamlined rules system is perfect for a guy like me who doesn't have the time I used to have in college to prep for games. It also lends itself well to using a campaign/world setting of original design, which I'm attempting for the first time. Looking forward to getting our campaign going!
Please keep us updated with your game experience!
www.spiritblade.net
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

paeterboy wrote:Thanks, Dan!

My bad. Was looking at my book. Should have checked the PDF version before posting.
I'm assuming those numbers are in feet.

We had our first session Saturday night and although we spent most of the three hours creating character backstories, I took them all through a combat scenario at the end so we could all get a taste for the system.

It went great! I think the streamlined rules system is perfect for a guy like me who doesn't have the time I used to have in college to prep for games. It also lends itself well to using a campaign/world setting of original design, which I'm attempting for the first time. Looking forward to getting our campaign going!

Thanks,

Paeter
That's awesome to hear! I do think Eldritch RPG is about the "fastest" system on the market, both in terms of character creation and combat resolution, aside from Amber Diceless. The PCs are tough as hell, and the rules are easy once experienced.

Did you get the monsters PDF? How about the free Traps PDF?
paeterboy
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by paeterboy »

Yep! I've purchased both supplements and told my players about the recent free status and price drops!

Thanks,

Paeter
www.spiritblade.net

Return to “Eldritch Role-Playing System”