Nineteenth session experience....

A forum to discuss the Eldritch Role-Playing System.

Moderators: finarvyn, dancross

StormPatriarch
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Nineteenth session experience....

Post by StormPatriarch »

Nineteenth session experience...All players present.

The PCs held up in the garden for a minute to refresh their pools. They lost hearing contact with the troll. After the rest, they moved back into the hall and trailed after the troll. They ended up back in the hall they fought the headman in but this time they noticed two sets of boot prints following the troll. They also managed to spot a secret door in the hall half way up. They reduced it to kindling (the preferred method of obstacle removal for this crew :lol: ). Inside they found a few small chests of coins and a box holding 4 potions. Also inside was a glowing symbol etched into the floor. The Rager immediately slammed his ax into the glowing design. It slightly cooked him but he was able to disrupt its magic. The PCs decided to leave the rest for later. They did notice that the headman’s armor was missing a body inside of it.

They continued around back to the garden and found troll prints crossing it. They entered into the far doorway. The footprints showed that the troll went right and the two sets of boot prints went straight through a locked door and left respectively. The PCs moved right and the Mystic spotted the troll just down the hall. He quickly stepped back and they discussed the situation. They decided to track the other boot prints first. They moved left and found two doors. The first door opened onto servant quarters. The second one opened into a kitchen (well after the Rager and Mystic demolished it that is). On the far side of the room was another door. They made a knowledge check and realized that the door probably lead to the hall the troll was in. They searched for more doors and found a semi-hidden one on the right wall, this lead to a pantry/cold storage room. The Rage pulled down a segment of ham. The PCs spotted another door in the left wall that they also believed lead to the troll hall. They moved back and checked the door directly across from the garden entrance. This one was locked. They decided that they would need to take care of the troll before attempting to take it down.

The Mystic and the Knight moved in to the garden while the Rage cut a slice of ham and tossed it into the wall near the troll. The troll didn’t react. The Rager then sliced another piece and threw it at the troll’s face. This enraged it and it charged after him. They ambushed it in the garden. The Rager actually threw the ham at its face. The PCs fought him down to almost empty. The Rager then picked the ham back up and hit the troll again. It went down. That’s right, a ham took down the troll. They healed up and moved into the door area again. They bashed it in and two crossbow bolts hit the Rager and the Mystic. Through the door was a stairwell to the 2nd floor. They moved up and explored around. They found another hidden room in the headman’s suite. In this one was more treasure boxes and another portal. The Mystic whacked this one and it went dead. They found another secret panel in the portal room that lead to a cutout over the stairs. It could easily accommodate a human sized person so they dropped down in pursuit believing the 3 men in chain had gone that way. They quickly spotted the 3 men in chain and leapt in pursuit. They caught and put down all 3 men but during the fight a town watchmen was critically injured. The Knight ceded more ground to the man he was chasing to heal the watchmen and then caught up and finished him off w/ the Mystic. The rest of the house was searched and many secrets found. Apparently the headman was answering to someone from the city. The PCs collected their spoils and decided to hunt down the Banshee. They obtained some enchanted arrows from the new priest in town first. After three nights they found her. They set the ambush and fought it out. It was a close battle but in the end they prevailed.

Alas this was the last session for this game. :( . All players’ expressed interest in continuing the game when it is my turn to run again so that looks like a very good possibility. :D . Thanks for the questions answered by everyone and I will still be hanging on the boards here of course. I had a very good time running this system and look forward to running it again.
"I am the soul of honor, kindness, mercy, and goodness. Trust me in all things." Corwin to Dara, The Guns of Avalon

"...I was the lesser evil." --Bleys to Corwin, Nine Princes in Amber
stevenoshea
Ill-Fated Peasant

Re: Nineteenth session experience....

Post by stevenoshea »

Thank you for all your session reports. I haven't commented on them, but I have enjoyed reading them.
dunbruha
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by dunbruha »

stevenoshea wrote:Thank you for all your session reports. I haven't commented on them, but I have enjoyed reading them.
Yes, likewise! They were fun and raised some good points/questions.
StormPatriarch
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by StormPatriarch »

Thank you for letting me know you enjoyed it. :D I am def missing the game.
"I am the soul of honor, kindness, mercy, and goodness. Trust me in all things." Corwin to Dara, The Guns of Avalon

"...I was the lesser evil." --Bleys to Corwin, Nine Princes in Amber

Return to “Eldritch Role-Playing System”