Eighteenth session experience....

A forum to discuss the Eldritch Role-Playing System.

Moderators: finarvyn, dancross

StormPatriarch
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Eighteenth session experience....

Post by StormPatriarch »

Eighteenth session experience…All players present.

Heading for the showdown. PCs spent the rest of the day watching the Headman’s house from a nearby business. They only saw a clerk move between the customs building and the house. No others arrived or left. When the Sun slipped below the Tree line, the watch started moving up into the surrounding alleys and ushered people into their homes.

The PCs then moved towards the front door. The Rager wanted to burn the building and kill what ran out. The Knight disagreed with this plan and the mystic let them argue it out. Finally it was decided that the Rager would knock on the door and explain the writ. The Rager did so and the doorman gave him some lip. The Sorceress hiding inside then cast a Fan Lightening out of the eye slot. The players all made the check so were able to use dodge then resilience on the attack if they so chose. The Mystic decided to take it and fire back w/a pyrokinetic blast. The Knight fired an arrow and managed to actually pink her through the hole. The Rager took the round to reduce the doors to kindling.

He moved in and saw 6 men in leather armor (3 on each side), 4 in chain mail (2 on each side) and (by dint of a great scrutiny roll) the sorceress waiting on the left. The leathers quickly surrounded the Rager (who activated a Mantle spell and a magic item that gave him an extra d4 armor). The Mystic charged in and took one of the leathers in the side. The Knight fired an arrow into the sorceress again. She tried to take over the Rager’s mind but failed. She then ran. The PCs battled the warriors. The Rager actually went down for about a battle phase but the knight brought him back and then he almost completed his healing. They quickly finished off the rest of the leathers and 2 of the chains. The other 2 chains disengaged and backed around the left corner out of sight.

The PCs took a revitalize round (most of their pools were gone) and then decided to move down the right hall. As they turned the corner they saw a Troll trudging towards them. They opened fire. And got him enraged. They also noticed 3 men in chain behind him. They continued to withdraw ahead of the troll until they entered the left hall.

They found the way blocked by 3 men in chain mail (2 of them from the previous battle). The PCs bull rushed in to try to push past them. The PCs succeeded and wounded all 3 while doing it. The Headman and the sorceress were at the end of the hall though and she released another chain lightening. This mildly affected the PCs but cooked 2 of the remaining chain mail men. The final one tried to charge passed them all to get away from the troll, which had just turned the corner. The Rager killed him as he tried to push past.

The Rager started hacking at the sorceress while the Mystic traded swings w/ the Headman. The sorceress then cast a mind control spell on the Rager and succeeded. She forced him to attack the Knight. The Knight parried the strike away and advanced on the sorceress. The Mystic was fighting the headman and now was taking hits from the Troll as well. This looked pretty dire until the sorceress ran out of power for the mind control spell. As it failed, the Mystic took out the Headman. She tried to run but was cut down by the Mystic. The Knight cast a blinding light spell and pushed his blinded companions down the hall from the blinded troll. They found a door to the garden and watched the troll go rampaging by down the hall.

Game stopped here because of time limit (We actually went over a bit). It was a fun battle to run. Next session should be the last though. :(
"I am the soul of honor, kindness, mercy, and goodness. Trust me in all things." Corwin to Dara, The Guns of Avalon

"...I was the lesser evil." --Bleys to Corwin, Nine Princes in Amber
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: Eighteenth session experience....

Post by dancross »

StormPatriarch wrote:Eighteenth session experience…All players present.
Do you think your players will want to get back to Eldritch after the next rotation? Your game lasted quite a while. Also, how many sessions and how many levels were gained? Where your players happy with the speed of advancement?
StormPatriarch
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by StormPatriarch »

dancross wrote:Do you think your players will want to get back to Eldritch after the next rotation? Your game lasted quite a while. Also, how many sessions and how many levels were gained? Where your players happy with the speed of advancement?
I certainly hope so. Interest has been leaning in that direction. Umm eighteen sessions so far so I would guess it will end at nineteen. :) . First through fifth so far but I was a little lax about XP for the first half of the game at least. I think they were happier once I started following the reward rules more closely.
"I am the soul of honor, kindness, mercy, and goodness. Trust me in all things." Corwin to Dara, The Guns of Avalon

StormPatriarch
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by StormPatriarch »

Do to weather concerns, the last game was called. Hoping to have next game this coming weekend.

dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear your players are still coming back! :wink:

Return to “Eldritch Role-Playing System”