Martial Arts and Weaponry ADP

A forum to discuss the Eldritch Role-Playing System.

Moderators: finarvyn, dancross

paeterboy
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Martial Arts and Weaponry ADP

Post by paeterboy »

Is the weaponry ADP of a character with martial arts calculated using the unarmed ability tree, or the Melee ability tree?
CHRISTIAN SCI-FI AND FANTASY
Unsterilized, Unsafe...Unleashed!
www.spiritblade.net
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: Martial Arts and Weaponry ADP

Post by dancross »

A martial artist can use his Weaponry DP even if unarmed, but you don't add your ability MV to the Weaponry Defense Pool in most cases. If using the "sacrifice" rule, a creature may, at any time during the round and as a free action, temporarily “sacrifice” any number of Melee or Martial Arts Specializations or Masteries to bolster Weaponry Defense. Also, some Martial arts Masteries may add bonus points to the Evade DP,
depending on combat style.
paeterboy
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by paeterboy »

I'm thinking of calculating a martial artists's Weaponry ADP using Basic Melee + Martial Arts specialization. I'd also like to allow the Martial Arts Masteries to be added to any unarmed specialization instead of just to Martial Arts.

Would either/both of these screw up game balance or make an unarmed fighter too powerful?
www.spiritblade.net
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

paeterboy wrote:I'm thinking of calculating a martial artists's Weaponry ADP using Basic Melee + Martial Arts specialization. I'd also like to allow the Martial Arts Masteries to be added to any unarmed specialization instead of just to Martial Arts.

Would either/both of these screw up game balance or make an unarmed fighter too powerful?
Actually, no. For instance, if you put character points into actual weapons, the effect in terms of Potential-Harm and defensive capability would be the same. Either way, you're spending the same amount of points. If you do as suggested then there's no harm. It sounds like you just really like Marital Arts type characters and would prefer to increase their defensive capabilities, as well as expand options. It's really, really hard to "break" the Eldritch rules.
paeterboy
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by paeterboy »

Sweet! Thank you!
www.spiritblade.net

Return to “Eldritch Role-Playing System”