Free Actions

A forum to discuss the Eldritch Role-Playing System.

Moderators: finarvyn, dancross

paeterboy
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Free Actions

Post by paeterboy »

On page 36 of the core rules, under the section labeled "Revitalize", there is a reference to "free actions". Is there a list of "free actions" or definition somewhere in the rules? If not, can an explaination be included here?

Thanks,

Paeter
CHRISTIAN SCI-FI AND FANTASY
Unsterilized, Unsafe...Unleashed!
www.spiritblade.net
StormPatriarch
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: Free Actions

Post by StormPatriarch »

paeterboy wrote:On page 36 of the core rules, under the section labeled "Revitalize", there is a reference to "free actions". Is there a list of "free actions" or definition somewhere in the rules? If not, can an explaination be included here?

Thanks,

Paeter
I don't think there is a list or anything. I believe it comes down to whoever is running the game and what they deem is a free action.

Personally, I am pretty liberal about this. If the player can describe it as a free action and it makes sense to me then I allow it. If the player wants to give an order, unsheathe a weapon, load a crossbow and attack all in one phase however, then some may not be free actions.
"I am the soul of honor, kindness, mercy, and goodness. Trust me in all things." Corwin to Dara, The Guns of Avalon

"...I was the lesser evil." --Bleys to Corwin, Nine Princes in Amber
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

Right,

There is no list. Free actions are dramatic actions that should not interrupt the fun. Like heroic speech! No GM will say, "your war cry cost you an action". :wink:

Actions that require a phase are listed.
paeterboy
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by paeterboy »

Cool. That's very helpful. Thanks for clarifying.

Paeter
CHRISTIAN SCI-FI AND FANTASY
Unsterilized, Unsafe...Unleashed!
www.spiritblade.net

Return to “Eldritch Role-Playing System”