Fourteenth session experience…all players present.
PCs decide to blockade the doors to the winery and break out the healing chalice. They then get some sleep. What is left of the night passes quietly.
At daybreak, they wake the children and head over to the other big farm that they had visited the day before. The PC’s knew they were being shadowed but did not spot any pursuers. The womenfolk hustled off the children and the patriarch of the clan questioned the PCs on what occurred. He sends two riders to the town w/the news of loss of Toasem’s farm and of the bandits/assassins in the area. He also sends riders to inform other farmers in the area and preps his own farm for attack. The PCs rest through the day and night.
They set off in the morning for town to pick up the Knight’s horse. The Rager also bargains for the loan of a horse from the innkeeper. The PC’s have decided to head back to the city and get more instructions from their respective leaders. The Knights checks his gear and the Rager and Mystic have some drinks while they wait for the loaner horse to be ready. While they sit in the taproom, they hear a few bits of information. Several hard looking men have recently been through town (arriving by boat and leaving by the South gate). As they dig a little deeper, they find out some tidbits of info:
1. A very large crate arrived the previous day. It shifted unevenly when moved and it was not inspected by customs. Instead it went directly to the headman’s house and was delivered by the boatmen that brought it, not by the normal longshoreman. The boat was the same boat and men that delivered several small crates 2 months ago to the headman’s house directly.
2. They found out that an attractive woman had arrived in town wearing red robes with silver lines on it.
3. A priestess of Danu had been appointed. She was a farm girl from one of the headman’s farms.
The Rager and the Mystic went to the Knight and informed him of what had been found out. They decided to visit this new priestess first. They Knight quickly determined that the girl knew nothing of the order and the headman had picked her because she was simple. This incited a righteous rage in the Knight who proceeded to leave the temple with the intent of making the headman not for this blaspheme. The Rager and the Mystic intervened and tried to convince him to return to the City and get formal authority to handle the situation. After much talk, they were able to do so and the 3 PCs rode off to the city.
The first night they were disturbed by the native night sounds dropping several times. The final time they headed to the road to investigate. All they saw was a fast fading light source way down the road. The Knight ascertained it was a rider on a horse at full gallop. They did wonder why they did not hear the horse but saw no way to investigate it at this time. They left w/ the dawn and passed the day quietly though they all felt they were being shadowed again. They camped again and were disturbed a few times by night noises fading but nothing occurred. The following day they arrived in the City. They quickly agreed to meet at a certain fountain the following day of possible or to send word if they couldn’t. Each then went to their respective order houses.
The Knight gave a full report and was commended on his actions. He was further charged to study his advancement (read learning spells) and then report to his mentor for training. When completed, he would be sent back to the town to “cleanse” the area (remove elements that had insulted the Goddess). He was also informed that the priesthood would be occupying the Goblin caves w/the priesthood of the battle goddess in a joint effort to reclaim the site permanently.
The Rager returned and gave an account to his superiors. He recounted the battle of the goblin cave and other battles many times by request and was well praised for his prayers to the goddess (giving battle). He was told to gain knowledge (read learn spells) and then return to the town and kill those that would offer him such blatant harm. He happily agreed. He was informed of the intention of the priesthood to co-occupy the goblin caves due to the temple to the goddess of battle found there.
The Mystic arrived at his order’s house and reported. His mentor gave him his do on his accomplishments and asked that which way his path lead now. The PC replied that he needed to meditate (You got it, learn spells). He also needed more info on the shipping contacts of the town and that he wished to return and complete this personal mission. His mentor agreed and let him know that the anger that they had originally detected had dissipated but that it now appeared to be growing again. The mentor also stated that they would investigate the contacts and give him a report before he left. The Mystic also inform the mentor that he had stepped up to mastery of the blade (He gained mastery). The mentor stated that he would be tested.
Game ended here due to time. Players selected spells they had been owed. Some minor tweaks to the Blade of Righteousness spell to make it an augment spell instead of a harm spell to satisfy the needs of the PC. Two questions arose:
1. The spell Purify Water (p.79)- The magic of Eldritch is either maintainable or instantaneous. Transmute is maintainable only. In this case, you use the spell on bad water to make drinking water. But since it is only maintainable…. See were this is leading…. I remember this being discussed before under this link here: http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5092. I think I will keep the double cost to make it permanent for such a minor spell.
2. Safe Passage spell (p.79)- It’s a travel spell. How long does the urge last? Do you have to maintain it all day? I am still thinking about this one but I believe it would last for the casting roll/2 hours in my opinion.