Tenth session experience....

A forum to discuss the Eldritch Role-Playing System.

Moderators: finarvyn, dancross

StormPatriarch
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Tenth session experience....

Post by StormPatriarch »

Yep 10 sessions it is. All players present.

Well the paladin/ranger had a very rude alarm clock. He was awoken by a morning star and 2 short swords. Not a pleasant way to wake up. Unfortunately for the attackers, he managed to get up by the end of the surprise round (He was pretty bloody hurt though!). Of course now his pools came on line so that gave him some more staying power (and he managed to kill one of them). After the 4th round the other 2 PCs were able to bust in and start in on the attackers as well. The leader of the attackers decided that this would be the time to escape through the window, which he did. Made an almost clean get away as well (Lost his coin purse in the fall). Both of his companions were bleeding out until the mystic warrior bandaged one of them (The other died in the same round). Nothing but money was found on the bodies.

They drag the one that is alive into a secluded part of the cellar and wait for him to wake up. The paladin/ranger and the mystic warrior decide to rough up the survivor to get him to talk. The paladin/knight disapproves but knows that he shouldn't stop them, so he leaves to his room. Once he begins to speak the paladin/ranger gets peeved and accidentally puts him back under. They wait again. The paladin/knight stays in his room. The paladin/ranger moves his belongings into the room w/ the others and then sits at the top of the cellar stairs. He noticed when he moved that his pack had been messed w/ and the berries in the maple leaf were missing.

Around about midnight, the survivor wakes again and this time the mystic warrior questions him alone. The mystic warrior catches him in a few lies. He keeps claiming to be from the City, but keeps changing what part he is from.

Meanwhile the paladin/ranger hears a slight jingle beside him and combat begins again. This time they are not trying to knock him out. They try to kill him. He recognizes the form of the leader as it matches the leader from the night before (Same morning star too). The mystic warrior hears the paladin/ranger's screams to his goddess and charges up from the cellar (noticing that the prisoner smirks at him as he turns). When he reaches the top, the paladin knight is nowhere to be seen. The front door is open and his greatax lies on the floor. The paladin/knight upstairs makes a perfect roll and also hears the ruckus. He charges downstairs and sees the open door/ax on floor as well. He charges outside w/the mystic warrior in close pursuit. Down the street they see the leader ahead and 2 men dressed on black leather armor carrying the paladin/ranger towards the South gate. The paladin/knight quickly starts putting arrows into one of the henchman and after 2 rounds bring him down. The leader escapes again while the other henchman is basically all but wiped out by the mystic warrior. Gate guards from the south saw no one when they responded to the noise. The one w/ the arrows in him was bleeding out and the mystic warrior was kind enough to help him out of this life. The paladin/knight heals the paladin/ranger who then charges back to the inn. The prisoner is gone (As he expected).

They then ask the captain of the town watch to join them. They review w/him who in town could afford this kind of muscle (he tells them that these assassins appear to be from the city). He gives them 4 people (The Blacksmith, the Innkeeper, The Wealthiest Merchant & the Headman). They ask where the 4 people are from. The Blacksmith- Born in the town to his blacksmith father and his father etc. The Wealthiest Merchant-- Family from City originally, "New people" third generation in town, trades both ways on the river mostly. The Innkeeper-- came to town 12 or so years ago, looked like a merchant guard or adventurer, had enough gold to buy the inn and fix it up. The Headman-- from the City, been in town 5 years, good administrator who wanted the job. These coincide w/ the player's thoughts as well. The mystic warrior reveals to the Capt. that the local priest is dead. Apparently, this was not revealed to the general public or even the head of the watch?.?.?.

Done for the night. The players were debating on the next move when time ran out. Chase scene was interesting since I realized most of the participants had a d4 in speed. The funny part was the only one w/ a d6 was the archer who really didn't need it so much. :lol:
"I am the soul of honor, kindness, mercy, and goodness. Trust me in all things." Corwin to Dara, The Guns of Avalon

"...I was the lesser evil." --Bleys to Corwin, Nine Princes in Amber
Hyfaidd
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: Tenth session experience....

Post by Hyfaidd »

Ahhhh but I did need better speed, how else was I going to skirmish them to death? :)
Poor bad guys, now they have an angry paladin/ranger looking for them. :evil:
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

Hyfaidd wrote:Ahhhh but I did need better speed, how else was I going to skirmish them to death? :)
Poor bad guys, now they have an angry paladin/ranger looking for them. :evil:
What are the names of the characters?
Hyfaidd
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Hyfaidd »

ranger/paladin is Phalanx
knight/paladin is Hyfaidd
mystic warrior is Quinlain
susanspy
Gongfarmer

Post by susanspy »

Hello all,

Special thank to Hyfaidd i did not know that

i was wndering what thaose stand for for many days , thanks to solve the issue.

Cheers!!!
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

Susanspy, do you play Eldritch currently? I've wondered how many lurkers there are on these boards?
susanspy wrote:Hello all,

Special thank to Hyfaidd i did not know that

i was wndering what thaose stand for for many days , thanks to solve the issue.

Cheers!!!

Return to “Eldritch Role-Playing System”