A Few More Questions

A forum to discuss the Eldritch Role-Playing System.

Moderators: finarvyn, dancross

Jackal
Far-Sighted Wanderer

A Few More Questions

Post by Jackal »

Our next game is Wednesday and I've come up with a couple more questions I'd like to have answered before we get started (especially as this session will include our first caster):

1- Where are the ranges for ranged weapons? If they were left out, have they been put in an errata?

2- I'm a little fuzzy on how harm spells work. I know you don't require a check to cast the spell, and I THINK you use Arcanum dice tree to determine threat (like making a check, but without needing to pass)? Also, I can't figure out how to calculate spell point cost for harm spells.

Thanks in advance for the help. :)
dunbruha
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Re: A Few More Questions

Post by dunbruha »

Jackal wrote:Our next game is Wednesday and I've come up with a couple more questions I'd like to have answered before we get started (especially as this session will include our first caster):

1- Where are the ranges for ranged weapons? If they were left out, have they been put in an errata?
Check out this thread.
Jackal wrote:2- I'm a little fuzzy on how harm spells work. I know you don't require a check to cast the spell, and I THINK you use Arcanum dice tree to determine threat (like making a check, but without needing to pass)? Also, I can't figure out how to calculate spell point cost for harm spells.
No spell check is needed. Roll any combination of Arcanum dice (but at least 2 dice). Spell points for creature target: drop lowest die value. Spell points for area effect spell: total of all dice rolled. (I think this is right...)
Jackal wrote:Thanks in advance for the help. :)
Have a fun game!
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: A Few More Questions

Post by dancross »

Yep, those answers are correct. Thanks!

Return to “Eldritch Role-Playing System”