Now, that's interesting about Eldritch prices... %)

A forum to discuss the Eldritch Role-Playing System.

Moderators: finarvyn, dancross

EvilCat
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Now, that's interesting about Eldritch prices... %)

Post by EvilCat »

You know, with all that financial crisis going on, real world prices and wages will go up and down unpredictably. I use suggested in core rulebook real-world-based price system, 1 gold coin equals 2000 rubles... I guess I'll have to lower that ratio soon to keep in-game prices unchanged %) It's kind of funny, actually...

I thought of duplicating the crisis environment in the game setting, but this PBEM-game is very slow-paced, one game day takes something like a month to play.

Even with steady inflation in my area, I didn't think something like that could happen. Real world economy seemed firm, reliable basis.
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: Now, that's interesting about Eldritch prices... %)

Post by dancross »

Wouldn't you rather play using a virtual tabletop? Something like the one offered by rptools.net?

...and you're right, the game's method of figuring costs works well, but with the current market turmoil, it's going to create interesting results. :wink:
EvilCat
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by EvilCat »

Well, currently, we moved to LiveJournal. With present rate of replies (something like 1-3 per day) it's enough. Also, we roleplay here and there in ICQ, when the scene requires intensive involvement. Everyone's busy, it's hard to play when you're adult -_-

...Probably we'll have to roleplay a massive scene soon, not a simple player-to-NPC dialog. ICQ doesn't fit for that. Any advice on appropriate chat environment?
Jackal
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Jackal »

Oddly enough, my players and I were just talking about this. We decided to use copper coins (100 to 1 gold), silver coins (10 to 1 gold) and gold coins. But to reduce the high numbers of coins we take current prices (not accounting for market trends) and divide by 20, rounding up or down for odd results. So a $2.50 beer at the local bar could cost 1 silver in my games (this was rounded down of course). Keeps the numbers down (so your average horse doesn't cost 3000 gold) while setting prices similar to other fantasy games.

Return to “Eldritch Role-Playing System”