Fourth session experience....

A forum to discuss the Eldritch Role-Playing System.

Moderators: finarvyn, dancross

StormPatriarch
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Fourth session experience....

Post by StormPatriarch »

Short session since a major battle loomed at the end and we were down a player. Went over the previous sessions discussions( split attacks, Extra Weapon Att, etc).

Party was checking out the room we left them in last time. While checking the curtained alcoves, One of the PCs spotted a figure darting for the far doors. He quickly used cantrip (Light) on an arrow and shot it at the doors to illuminate the area. Due to the speed of the goblin and timing, The glowing arrow whipped over the goblin's head and out the door it had opened. He quickly shot again and managed to hit the goblin through the now closed rotten door: PC rolled a 11 +3 harm from weapon = 14 -4 (full cover) -6 (1d6 Rotted door)=4 PO harm to goblin killing it( It was a half HP goblin). They left one PC (Ghosted---Player not at game) in the room and went into the next to discovery if the creature had gotten away. As soon as the 2 PCs left the room, 10 gobs and a Goblin shaman entered the room. 5 closed to melee range, 5 stayed at range and the shaman stayed behind them. The 2 PCs turned back to help. In the end, The PC left in the room was mostly out of ADPs and both other PCs had some ADP loss but the goblins got wiped out. The party heard noises and was hit with a ranged attack from the other room so they charged back to the room they had rested in again and decided to fort up for a long rest. After all ADPs, resilience and SP pools were revitalized, they ventured forth again. Back to the same room, they noticed that the curtains were back in place (Stupid Goblins!). 2 PCs fired arrows into the same alcove and successfully killed a hidden goblin. Out pours the rest of the host of goblins that were hiding in the alcoves (19 more goblins, 2 shamans and a goblin dressed in hide armor). The party decided to retreat into a guard room. This turned out to be a good thing since as they ran down the hall w/ the goblin party catching up (BP 10 vs BP 8), another large group of goblins was coming down the hall from the other direction. We stopped as they dodged into the room and turned to face the attackers(Time left for game was not enough to complete the main battle that was about to occur).

All in all a good time. Can't wait for the next session to see what happens. Could get very bloody. The arrow through the door was just awesome.
Last edited by StormPatriarch on Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am the soul of honor, kindness, mercy, and goodness. Trust me in all things." Corwin to Dara, The Guns of Avalon

"...I was the lesser evil." --Bleys to Corwin, Nine Princes in Amber
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: Fourth session experience....

Post by dancross »

StormPatriarch wrote:Short session since a major battle loomed at the end and we were down a player. Went over the previous sessions discussions( split attacks, Extra Weapon Att, etc).

Party was checking out the room we left them in last time. While checking the curtained alcoves, One of the PCs spotted a figure darting for the far doors. He quickly used cantrip (Light) on an arrow and shot it at the doors to illuminate the area. Due to the speed of the goblin and timing, The glowing arrow whipped over the goblin's head and out the door it had opened. He quickly shot again and managed to hit the goblin through the now closed rotten door: PC rolled a 11 +3 harm from weapon = 16 -4 (full cover) -6 (1d6 Rotted door)=6 PO harm to goblin killing it. They left one PC (Ghosted---Player not at game) in the room and went into the next to discovery if the creature had gotten away. As soon as the 2 PCs left the room, 10 gobs and a Goblin shaman entered the room. 5 closed to melee range, 5 stayed at range and the shaman stayed behind them. The 2 PCs turned back to help. In the end, The PC left in the room was mostly out of ADPs and both other PCs had some ADP loss but the goblins got wiped out. The party heard noises and was hit with a ranged attack from the other room so they charged back to the room they had rested in again and decided to fort up for a long rest. After all ADPs, resilience and SP pools were revitalized, they ventured forth again. Back to the same room, they noticed that the curtains were back in place (Stupid Goblins!). 2 PCs fired arrows into the same alcove and successfully killed a hidden goblin. Out pours the rest of the host of goblins that were hiding in the alcoves (19 more goblins, 2 shamans and a goblin dressed in hide armor). The party decided to retreat into a guard room. This turned out to be a good thing since as they ran down the hall w/ the goblin party catching up (BP 10 vs BP 8), another large group of goblins was coming down the hall from the other direction. We stopped as they dodged into the room and turned to face the attackers(Time left for game was not enough to complete the main battle that was about to occur).

All in all a good time. Can't wait for the next session to see what happens. Could get very bloody. The arrow through the door was just awesome.
Nice job on dealing with the cover. :D What are the shaman's stats? Does he have any unique abilities?
StormPatriarch
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by StormPatriarch »

dancross wrote:
StormPatriarch wrote:Short session since a major battle loomed at the end and we were down a player. Went over the previous sessions discussions( split attacks, Extra Weapon Att, etc).

Party was checking out the room we left them in last time. While checking the curtained alcoves, One of the PCs spotted a figure darting for the far doors. He quickly used cantrip (Light) on an arrow and shot it at the doors to illuminate the area. Due to the speed of the goblin and timing, The glowing arrow whipped over the goblin's head and out the door it had opened. He quickly shot again and managed to hit the goblin through the now closed rotten door: PC rolled a 11 +3 harm from weapon = 16 -4 (full cover) -6 (1d6 Rotted door)=6 PO harm to goblin killing it. They left one PC (Ghosted---Player not at game) in the room and went into the next to discovery if the creature had gotten away. As soon as the 2 PCs left the room, 10 gobs and a Goblin shaman entered the room. 5 closed to melee range, 5 stayed at range and the shaman stayed behind them. The 2 PCs turned back to help. In the end, The PC left in the room was mostly out of ADPs and both other PCs had some ADP loss but the goblins got wiped out. The party heard noises and was hit with a ranged attack from the other room so they charged back to the room they had rested in again and decided to fort up for a long rest. After all ADPs, resilience and SP pools were revitalized, they ventured forth again. Back to the same room, they noticed that the curtains were back in place (Stupid Goblins!). 2 PCs fired arrows into the same alcove and successfully killed a hidden goblin. Out pours the rest of the host of goblins that were hiding in the alcoves (19 more goblins, 2 shamans and a goblin dressed in hide armor). The party decided to retreat into a guard room. This turned out to be a good thing since as they ran down the hall w/ the goblin party catching up (BP 10 vs BP 8), another large group of goblins was coming down the hall from the other direction. We stopped as they dodged into the room and turned to face the attackers(Time left for game was not enough to complete the main battle that was about to occur).

Nice job on dealing with the cover. :D What are the shaman's stats? Does he have any unique abilities?
He does have some spells and such and def a standard creature instead of a fodder one but since some of the players are now reading these forums I will have to decline to share the stats until after the next battle. :wink:
"I am the soul of honor, kindness, mercy, and goodness. Trust me in all things." Corwin to Dara, The Guns of Avalon

Hyfaidd
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Hyfaidd »

Hey! I can keep secrets! Really I can. :lol: Mind the shaman we got last time, lasted a whole 2 rounds.
StormPatriarch
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by StormPatriarch »

Hyfaidd wrote:Hey! I can keep secrets! Really I can. :lol: Mind the shaman we got last time, lasted a whole 2 rounds.
Maybe but why tempt fate?

Return to “Eldritch Role-Playing System”