My PC party rendered here for testing:

A forum to discuss the Eldritch Role-Playing System.

Moderators: finarvyn, dancross

StormPatriarch
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: My PC party rendered here for testing:

Post by StormPatriarch »

Hyfaidd wrote:Hi there, This is The Knight/Paladin :D This battle is interesting. However, the fact that I have Mantle and Heal to interfere with the success of the Captain seems to have been missed :P With the mystics bolts going straight to toughnesss, I don't tink the battle would go quite this way.

The ability to use resilance to reinforce a roll Is very interesting. I like the increased options it gives me :D The cost (loss of PD needs to be tested to see if it works)

Hyfaidd
Squire
(Working an becoming knight)
Nice to see you Hyfaidd. Yeah it was a magic light battle test, Using the full range of magic would def have changed some things. Espcially with a refreshed deflect pool and maybe a round of armor from the mystic warrior.....Def something to add in on the next one.
"I am the soul of honor, kindness, mercy, and goodness. Trust me in all things." Corwin to Dara, The Guns of Avalon

"...I was the lesser evil." --Bleys to Corwin, Nine Princes in Amber
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

StormPatriarch wrote:
Hyfaidd wrote:Hi there, This is The Knight/Paladin :D This battle is interesting. However, the fact that I have Mantle and Heal to interfere with the success of the Captain seems to have been missed :P With the mystics bolts going straight to toughnesss, I don't tink the battle would go quite this way.

The ability to use resilance to reinforce a roll Is very interesting. I like the increased options it gives me :D The cost (loss of PD needs to be tested to see if it works)

Hyfaidd
Squire
(Working an becoming knight)
Nice to see you Hyfaidd. Yeah it was a magic light battle test, Using the full range of magic would def have changed some things. Espcially with a refreshed deflect pool and maybe a round of armor from the mystic warrior.....Def something to add in on the next one.
What' we'll have to do is jump on "maptool" for a quick example battle. I'll record it in chat and post it here.
Hyfaidd
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Hyfaidd »

Rereading the thread, How about Willpower being used as Armor versus spells? How about just Harm ones?

Tap self: Can not be used to heal. Question: Can is be used to boost Spell Heal? Can it boost Arcane focus?
StormPatriarch
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by StormPatriarch »

Hyfaidd wrote:Rereading the thread, How about Willpower being used as Armor versus spells? How about just Harm ones?

Tap self: Can not be used to heal. Question: Can is be used to boost Spell Heal? Can it boost Arcane focus?
If one were to go this way...I would say resistance for harm spells only because semantically it seems that Willpower would be used against spells that effect the mind more....Of course if you think of it as the will to keep going I can see that as well...Argued myself in and right back out..... :lol:
"I am the soul of honor, kindness, mercy, and goodness. Trust me in all things." Corwin to Dara, The Guns of Avalon

"...I was the lesser evil." --Bleys to Corwin, Nine Princes in Amber
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

StormPatriarch wrote:
Hyfaidd wrote:Rereading the thread, How about Willpower being used as Armor versus spells? How about just Harm ones?

If one were to go this way...I would say resistance for harm spells only because semantically it seems that Willpower would be used against spells that effect the mind more....Of course if you think of it as the will to keep going I can see that as well...Argued myself in and right back out..... :lol:
This is what I decided to use:

Resilience = Resistance + Endurance + Willpower. This removes Arcanum from the Ability Tree but adds Endurance. Otherwise, Arcanists would have an unfair advantage when using the "Tap Resilience" option.

You can also continue to allow an Arcanist's Specializations and Masteries to serve as separate "active" Defense Pools against magic of the same source and school, but at 1/2 MV. Do not add the MV of basic Arcanum. For example, a wizard with Arcanum D10 > Mystic D8 > Wizard D6 would have an extra 4 points DP against Mystic spells, or 7 points versus Wizard spells specifically. Apply these defenses before passive Resilience DP.

For creatures less than full-fledged, I just left it alone. The real problems occurred when folks made the RS 1/2 HP rather than 1/2 primary threat rank. With the new rule allowing the tapping of RS score, overcoming RS for spellcasters, along with Eldritch Focus Advantage, should not be a huge problem.

Return to “Eldritch Role-Playing System”