Second session experience....

A forum to discuss the Eldritch Role-Playing System.

Moderators: finarvyn, dancross

StormPatriarch
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Second session experience....

Post by StormPatriarch »

2nd session: Down one player, who couldn't make it. Allowed the other PCs to roll for his character.

Session went pretty smoothly. Realized that I hadn't stressed Scrutiny enough so the 3 PCs having trouble beating base challenge in this. Except of course when I wanted them to fail....The dice be cursed! :lol:

Party traveling to town. Many scrutiny rolls later, finally found planned encounter. Made it to town to investigate the unusual happenings (Missing cattle, crops dying,etc...).

Party was following the trail of a cow that appeared to pass through a fence and into the woods on its own. I swear they kept maxing the d4 (One PC has a d6) Scrutiny roll while I couldn't get above a 2 on a much better die. :oops: They detected magic as well. After a while that hoof prints disappeared. After a longer time the magic trail moved into the air and out of the range of the PCs. They returned to the begining of the trail and waited for nightfall.

Party ran into a goblin patrol of 4. PCs decided to move off to the side and let them pass and then follow them. Another cursed dice moment but for the PCs this time. Goblins rolled perfects, Characters rolled terrible. Goblins spot them & got a free ranged att. After that it was a slaughter. Gobs went again, didn't penetrate ADPs and then died in one round as fodder would. It was over so quick I shouldn't have blinked.

Luckily the dice seemed to forgive the players and they were able to back track the Goblins to near their lair.

Off next weekend so hopefully will have full group in two weeks and another post!
"I am the soul of honor, kindness, mercy, and goodness. Trust me in all things." Corwin to Dara, The Guns of Avalon

"...I was the lesser evil." --Bleys to Corwin, Nine Princes in Amber
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: Second session experience....

Post by dancross »

StormPatriarch wrote:2nd session: Down one player, who couldn't make it. Allowed the other PCs to roll for his character.

Session went pretty smoothly. Realized that I hadn't stressed Scrutiny enough so the 3 PCs having trouble beating base challenge in this. Except of course when I wanted them to fail....The dice be cursed! :lol:

Party traveling to town. Many scrutiny rolls later, finally found planned encounter. Made it to town to investigate the unusual happenings (Missing cattle, crops dying,etc...).

Party was following the trail of a cow that appeared to pass through a fence and into the woods on its own. I swear they kept maxing the d4 (One PC has a d6) Scrutiny roll while I couldn't get above a 2 on a much better die. :oops: They detected magic as well. After a while that hoof prints disappeared. After a longer time the magic trail moved into the air and out of the range of the PCs. They returned to the begining of the trail and waited for nightfall.

Party ran into a goblin patrol of 4. PCs decided to move off to the side and let them pass and then follow them. Another cursed dice moment but for the PCs this time. Goblins rolled perfects, Characters rolled terrible. Goblins spot them & got a free ranged att. After that it was a slaughter. Gobs went again, didn't penetrate ADPs and then died in one round as fodder would. It was over so quick I shouldn't have blinked.

Luckily the dice seemed to forgive the players and they were able to back track the Goblins to near their lair.

Off next weekend so hopefully will have full group in two weeks and another post!
I'm sure the PCs didn't mind a "flawless victory", to quote Mortal Kombat! Sometimes it's fun to mop the floor with your enemies.

Return to “Eldritch Role-Playing System”