reviews on rpgnow

A forum to discuss the Eldritch Role-Playing System.

Moderators: finarvyn, dancross

dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

reviews on rpgnow

Post by dancross »

Hey guys

Those of you who enjoy and play the game, PLEASE post an honest review on rpgnow. That is the only site with reviews currently, and those who have posted tend toward the negative. I'd really like to see the alternate opinions expressed there. I don't know what impact reviews have on pdf sales, but I can't imagine it has zero influence. Is the book perfect? Heck no. Did we make mistakes? Yep. Is the game really fun and different? Yes, but I believe 100% this cannot be known by simply reading the rules. ERP doesn't shine until you play it, see it in action.
Coleston the Cavalier
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: reviews on rpgnow

Post by Coleston the Cavalier »

My review is still forthcoming. I'm a pastor and have had a suicide and a member get diagnosed with and die of cancer in just the last two weeks - it's kept me busy.

There are aspects to this system that I really like and others that just haven't sunk in to my brain yet - but I'm working on it.
John Adams
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

Coleston the Cavalier wrote:My review is still forthcoming. I'm a pastor and have had a suicide and a member get diagnosed with and die of cancer in just the last two weeks - it's kept me busy.

There are aspects to this system that I really like and others that just haven't sunk in to my brain yet - but I'm working on it.
Jeez...you've got your hands full. I hope you have better weeks ahead.
rabindranath72
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by rabindranath72 »

Honestly, I have read the reviews, and I am not sure I want to buy the game, although I have followed it in the last few months, and had high expectations.
If a quickstart was available, I would at least give it a try. But at the current price, and with 5 pages of errata, I guess I am going to pass. Sorry.
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

rabindranath72 wrote:Honestly, I have read the reviews, and I am not sure I want to buy the game, although I have followed it in the last few months, and had high expectations.
If a quickstart was available, I would at least give it a try. But at the current price, and with 5 pages of errata, I guess I am going to pass. Sorry.
The quickstart should be ready within the next few days. My layout guy told me he was doing the finishing touches yesterday.

Return to “Eldritch Role-Playing System”