Movement and multiple attacks

A forum to discuss the Eldritch Role-Playing System.

Moderators: finarvyn, dancross

dunbruha
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Movement and multiple attacks

Post by dunbruha »

In the description of multiple attacks on p 27, it lists a number of actions that reduce the number of attacks in a battle phase. However, movement is not one of them. Can you move you Speed Ability and still split your attack? My inclination would be no, but it is not mentioned in the rules.
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: Movement and multiple attacks

Post by dancross »

dunbruha wrote:In the description of multiple attacks on p 27, it lists a number of actions that reduce the number of attacks in a battle phase. However, movement is not one of them. Can you move you Speed Ability and still split your attack? My inclination would be no, but it is not mentioned in the rules.
You can only split your attacks if you do it at your first opportunity (in your initial battle phase). Does that cover it? :wink:
dunbruha
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by dunbruha »

dancross wrote:You can only split your attacks if you do it at your first opportunity (in your initial battle phase). Does that cover it? :wink:
OK, so moving to attack and then splitting your attacks is out. Can you split your attacks, then move?
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

dunbruha wrote:
dancross wrote:You can only split your attacks if you do it at your first opportunity (in your initial battle phase). Does that cover it? :wink:
OK, so moving to attack and then splitting your attacks is out. Can you split your attacks, then move?
Yes, but it all has to happen in the same phase. If somebody with a Reflexes of D10 splits his attacks, whereas he can normally move 20 feet per phase, I might rule that each split divides that movement further. Splitting dice for two attacks might reduce that movement in the phase to 10 feet, and three down to six feet or so.

How's that?
dunbruha
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by dunbruha »

dancross wrote:Yes, but it all has to happen in the same phase. If somebody with a Reflexes of D10 splits his attacks, whereas he can normally move 20 feet per phase, I might rule that each split divides that movement further. Splitting dice for two attacks might reduce that movement in the phase to 10 feet, and three down to six feet or so.

How's that?
Do you really keep track of movement in individual phases? That seems waaay too complicated to me (but what do I know?--I haven't played it!).

How about saying that a split attack (and an extra attack if possible) can only be done when no other actions (including movement) are performed in a round?
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

dunbruha wrote:
dancross wrote:Yes, but it all has to happen in the same phase. If somebody with a Reflexes of D10 splits his attacks, whereas he can normally move 20 feet per phase, I might rule that each split divides that movement further. Splitting dice for two attacks might reduce that movement in the phase to 10 feet, and three down to six feet or so.

How's that?
Do you really keep track of movement in individual phases? That seems waaay too complicated to me (but what do I know?--I haven't played it!).

How about saying that a split attack (and an extra attack if possible) can only be done when no other actions (including movement) are performed in a round?
Do I? Nah, I don't track movement like that, at least not all of the time. If I stated to a player that an enemey was far away, and he asks, "how many feet?", then I'll keep track of that guy until it doesn't matter anymore. So, every now and then movement per phase will come into play, but only when I'm trying to be fair about who gets to attack first. If I got more specific than that, I'd have to use a battle mat, and I'd rather just sketch the battle field out on a dry erase board if absolutely needed.

Return to “Eldritch Role-Playing System”