Goodman Games

Fan Forums
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: ERP for other Genres
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:19 pm 
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Hey Dancross,
In any of your playtesting did you ever try a different genre. Sci-fi, western, post-apoc... Just wondering how versatile ERP could be.

Dustin

Post subject: Re: ERP for other Genres
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:04 pm 
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Dustin R wrote:
Hey Dancross,
In any of your playtesting did you ever try a different genre. Sci-fi, western, post-apoc... Just wondering how versatile ERP could be.

Dustin

ERP was designed for epic fantasy and is not playtested with other genres. I imagine it would require some tweaks of the defense system to accommodate future settings with guns, especially modern guns or sci-fi lasers and such. It may be fun to see where that goes some day ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:50 pm 

It probably wouldn't be terribly hard to mix in a little Sci-Fi, with the Epic Fantasy. Along with the combat mechanics tweaks, you might have to add a few extra "Magic Effects" types, if you want to go to a "Shadowrun-esk" world, but that's easy enough.

Hey Dan, can I still take a ton of dice in "Earth Manipulation to create a stone pillar out of the stone floor and pulverize an "insane orcish shaman holding the magic crystal that we need"? ....again. I remember the look on your face when I made that roll. *evil giggle*

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:12 pm 
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

TecknoMage wrote:
Hey Dan, can I still take a ton of dice in "Earth Manipulation to create a stone pillar out of the stone floor and pulverize an "insane orcish shaman holding the magic crystal that we need"? ....again. I remember the look on your face when I made that roll. *evil giggle*

Heh, yeah, that one is easy! I'll make it up on the fly...

EARTH RAM
Source: Primoridal
Effect: Harm
Secondary Effect: Influence - Stun (requires D6 in Source to cast)
School: Elementalist
Form: Animated Earth
Range: 1 creature (5' diameter), max distance MRV x2 (in feet) using Source Specialization.
Aspect: affects Resilience, then Toughness.
COST = ability check - minus lowest die roll (x 1.5 if secondary effect invoked).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]