Designing a DCC tournament module

A forum for discussing how to design adventure modules. This will provide a place to follow up on conversations at our Gen Con seminar on adventure writing.

Moderator: finarvyn

fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Designing a DCC tournament module

Post by fathead »

Being a HUGE fan of the tournaments, I'd like to hear more about how these are put together. Obviously, there is a different approach that is taken in constructing a tournament module. What do you look for in encounters? How does the project leader coordinate the various writers? What ARE these clandestine tournament meetings at the local diner and what sort of pie is consumed?

I'd like to hear some tournament stories from the writers and project leaders (similar to what was done in the Castle Whiterock thread...it has made for an interesting read).
Dark Oracle of Gaming
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Jengenritz »

OK, will do. Been meaning to do it anyway, but I've been kinda busy.

I can only speak with authority on Palace and part of Chronicle, so I'll cover the former 'cause the latter is more or less Harley's show.
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Jengenritz »

I've started a new thread on how Palace in the Wastes came to be, here:

http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... php?t=2531
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Jengenritz wrote:Been meaning to do it anyway, but I've been kinda busy.
Nonsense. Get your priorities straight. ;)
Jengenritz wrote: I can only speak with authority on Palace and part of Chronicle, so I'll cover the former 'cause the latter is more or less Harley's show.
Thanks Adrian. I like what has been posted so far.

I would love to see similar threads on the other tourney modules as well (time permitting, of course).

Let's see...Harley was the lead on Chronicle. Jay Little was responsible for Vault. What about Crypt? Was that Doyle?
Dark Oracle of Gaming
ynnen
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by ynnen »

fathead wrote: Was that Doyle?
Yessir - Crypt of the Devil Lich is the brainchild of Chris Doyle.
Crypt of the Devil Lich, Dungeon Interludes, The Mask of Death, Adventure Begins, Vault of the Dragon Kings, the Power Gamers Wizard Strategy Guide, The Adventure Continues, Palace in the Wastes and PhoenixCrawl Open
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Alright...Joseph's tournament talk has me excited again, so I'm getting my fix by resurrecting this thread.

So, let's hear some more stories from the various tournament module authors!
Dark Oracle of Gaming

Return to “Adventure Design”