Cinematic

Don’t just crawl through dungeons... make them sorry they ever met you!

Moderators: finarvyn, Luke Johnson

joela
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Cinematic

Post by joela »

Luke,

I luv the cinematic elements in your WFF mods such as giving the Cleave functionality to the PCs. What do you think about giving Spring Attack in a similar manner? And treating iterative attacks as standard actions instead of a full action? Both seem, to me, more in keeping with fast moving, multiple slashing cinematic/anime-esqe combat than the current DnD 3.5 system*.

*Please, no comments about waiting for 4e. My players, at this time, have no interest.
What do you mean no?
Luke Johnson
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Luke Johnson »

Sounds cool to me. Just be aware (as I'm sure you are) that the more powerful you make the PCs, the less the mooks' CRs will be an accurate reflection of the danger involved.
Wicked Fantasy Factory editor-in-chief
DCC #19: The Volcano Caves; DCC #42: Secret of the Stonearm; and DCC 2006 Tournament Module: Palace in the Wastes designer
Etherscope developer
http://www.lukejohnson.com
joela
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

mooks

Post by joela »

Luke Johnson wrote:Just be aware (as I'm sure you are) that the more powerful you make the PCs, the less the mooks' CRs will be an accurate reflection of the danger involved.
I'll double the number of mooks and have them start using Assist, grapple, trip, etc. Oh, and there's always poison.... :twisted:
What do you mean no?

Return to “Wicked Fantasy Factory”