Just ran Rumble at the Wizards Tower.

Don’t just crawl through dungeons... make them sorry they ever met you!

Moderators: finarvyn, Luke Johnson

Donny DM
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Just ran Rumble at the Wizards Tower.

Post by Donny DM »

Ok first of all my players are Gestalt. I have
Fighter/Barbarian
Fighter/Ranger
Fighter/Rogue
Pally/Cleric
Duskblade/Warblade

Right off the bat my crazy players rush the main room on the 1st floor with the 12 swordsman and 6 archers. They take all of them out I have an archer run.

I had a random buddy show up at the last minute. So I told him he could write up a toon. He makes a Fighter/Monk.I have him chained up in a room just off of the main room on the 1st floor. He hears what going on checks it out. Runs into the party with no armor or no pack or no weapons. He takes a longsword from a corpse and joins them in hopes of finding his gear. They stumble into the makeshift kitchen. Look into the Haunted kitchen.

Change directions and head for the stairs. At this point they run into the ghost for the second time. The Cleric/Pally wins inititive and bam destroys the ghost thanks to some crazy feat.

I didn't add finishing moves or the Final boss ressurrection because I figured that was a little over the top. But this module was so well writin I had to run it as my first adventure.

They make it up the stairs. Run into the art room. Linger there forever checking things out. Then stumble into the room with the junk pile. Get attacked. The junk pile hits Fighter/Barbarian. Then turns on the Warblade/Duskblade. Then turns back onto the F/B. At this point he does some fast thinking since all of it hits him. He holds it into his chest. Has another player empty his backpack. They scoop the objects into the pack. At this point I give them 2 turns to decide what to do or they are gonna get loose and attack again. They run the backpack to the zoo throw it in there.

I should also point out that the F/B likes to think of his toon as greedy. So he had already removed the dead monkey from the zoo thinking he can sell it. At the same as the F/B deals with the swarm. The Duskblade paniced and ran north to the door and opens it.

Bam Undead Owlbear sets off the alarm and attacks. The duskblade in 2 rounds toe to toe with the owlbear almost drops like a rock. 3rd round 3 more players arrive to help. 4th round Fighter barbarian shows up throws his 2 handed great Hammer and bam. Takes the head off the owlbear. doing like 15 damage to the 32 hp owlbear that was at like 10.

Then they use the Disk they found in the snake right before the swarm. Now the players have healed like 60 hp at this point with it.

Anyway they go up the trapdoor. Bullet time as they called begins. They rush the Zaldez and his men. The F/B goes drops to -9hp. The Fighter/Ranger with a healing kit runs into combat to give him a potions they found but don't know what it does. I give one of the bodyguards an attack of opptunitity on the ranger. F/b is now at 1hp. It was an aid potion.

They drop a bodyguard and 2 archers. The F/B says he tries to sweep the legs out from under the bodyguards fails. He tells me this would cause another free attack on himself. Bam he's now at -8 hp. They take out a body guard next round. Last round they take down the named Valdez. Now we been playing for 6 hours at this point. I see 5 archers on the board. I say you mop up the rest of the archers and heal up.

So I tell the F/B since he almost died twice in such a short span of time you really don't feel like moving around for like the next hour. At this point they prop him up on backpack. And he starts instructing the group on what to loot of these bodies.

I have the Planar creature speak to them. The duskblade releases it. Now I give exp out since we end there.

Now i'm thinking of having valdez's love Sayanna flee to get revenge on the players. Also I was gonna try to tie in more of the struggle between the 2 kingdoms. Was thinking maybe even have a 3rd party capture her for real. Because they want war to break out.

I'm creating the campiagn world as they go. I'm figuring the govenor of the town will want to know whats going on.
I was gonna let the players find a diary or journal of valdez so they can put the pieces of the puzzle together.

I'm gonna buy the next Wicked Fantasy Factory module. This is a great module. As soon as i'm done with this module. I'm gonna order like 3 copies to stock in the Gaming shop I work in http://www.booksandmusicexchange.com/ . I work at the preston store.

This is my 1st time running in like 5 years.
Donny DM
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Donny DM »

Here's the second half of the module.

My players from the 1st game night
Fighter/Barbarian
Fighter/Ranger
Fighter/Rogue
Pally/Cleric
Duskblade/Warblade
Fighter/Monk

Last minute I get 2 more players
Rogue/Wizard
Fighter/Cleric

I take both of them aside make them brothers.
Now I have 2 Clerics of Ares one of my war gods.
So I have the new cleric be a full member of a the church.
Instead of someone trying to join. I sent the original cleric
to find the govenors missing wife. Because it could start a war. While most times this would be a good thing.
The area is still recovering from the last great war at the moment and a war could destroy life as they know it.

So I have the tower group set up watchs. The new characters go to an inn to investigate an rumor of a pally killing 5 guys. The 5 guys being off duty members of Valdez's crew. Turns out the rumor that this pally taking out all 5 is false. Seems he got jumped by these 5 while investigating the disappearnce, and some random tavern patrons came to his aid.

That was the set up for the players to meet. Not great but they didn't give me notice of what they were playing.

So I have them go to the tower. They find the dead guys on the first floor and decide to go back out and lev to the roof.
Since the wizard has a lev scroll. When they get to the top.
They talk to the Ranger on 1st watch. He noticed the same holy symbol as his cleric. So he asked questions 1st.

At this point the pally is woke up a few words are exchanged. Pally goes back to sleep. The 2 new people join the group in sleep.

Next day they start checking the tower. They find the 8 magic school door trap. Figure it out right away. Find the clone and argue for an hour what to do with it. The Ranger and the Fighter/Rogue go investigate the suit of armor with the picture then the ranger notices the trees. And remembers the jungle like area.

They investigate find the note. Rock paper scissor for who gets the armor. The ranger wins. They rejoin the group to find them puting the clone on the roof in the circle the Terion was in.

They go back to the first floor kill the hydra. Find the Demon statue. The rogue sacs 6 hp to it. Then the barbarian takes a leak on it. Then I have the statue shoot fire out its eyes to burn the offending appendage. He gets really mad and smashing it to pieces.

The clerics are looking at the rogue/fighter real funny like
he's evil. They search the rest of the 1st floor. I have them find a trap door in one room leading in the city sewers.

They check the 2nd floor. The barbarian gets the needle poison from the balcany door. He is told by other players he's gonna go to sleep so he lays down. He doesn't even know passout so he joins the rest of the group 10 minutes later.

They find the mephid he tells them about the archon. They ask him to come with them to talk to the archon. The find the art gallery of the govenors wife. They release the archon. They kill the digger and get the rest of the loot.

Next week the sewers.

Return to “Wicked Fantasy Factory”