Goodman Games

Fan Forums
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Kickstarter Shipping and handling
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:35 am 
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

On the kickstarter page for Xcrawl it say shipping and handling for the books will be separate from the kickstarter payment. Anyone know how shipping payments are going to be handled?

Post subject: Re: Kickstarter Shipping and handling
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:26 pm 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

When it comes close to shipping, we will send you a Paypal invoice (based on your actual order and address). Hope that explains -- let me know if you need anything else.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:07 pm 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Rhetorical question (but answer if it suits you, please):

Once there are enough GG Kickstarters to go by, do you think you might fold the shipping into the pledge levels? It would help in the "actually knowing how much I'm spending before I spend it" department.

In either case, carry on.... Very much looking forward to the Purple Planet. :D

Gnome Boy (a.k.a. "Jon") • DCC play-tester @ DDC 35, Feb 2011. • Beta DL 2111, 7:00 AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since 1977 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters - Holds the power to play gnomes at will!

Here Be DCC Monsters...

General Yoros, Warrior, Str 13, Agl 8 (10), Stm 17, Per 13, Int 11, Lck 8; Law, HP 39, AC 17, R+2, F+4, W+2, band/shld, warhammer, longsword, longbow, pitchfork

Han Dee, (Weaver) Neutral Thief, Str 10, Agi 13, Stm 11, Per 11, Int 15, Lck 14, AC 13 (Leather), HP 25, Luck Die d6, Backstab 3, Sneak Silently 10, Hide In Shadows 9, Pick Pocket 10, Climb Sheer 10, Pick Lock 9, Find Trap 9, Disable Trap 9, Forge Doc 10, Disguise 3, Read Lang 5, Handle Poison 3, Cast Scroll d14+2, birth augur (Born under the loom) +1 to all skill checks (including thief skills), Banepicks (auto pick lock/disable trap, but lose 1d3 random ability loss, if a 3 then 1 pt is perm)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:29 am 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

GnomeBoy wrote:
Rhetorical question (but answer if it suits you, please):

Once there are enough GG Kickstarters to go by, do you think you might fold the shipping into the pledge levels? It would help in the "actually knowing how much I'm spending before I spend it" department.

In either case, carry on.... Very much looking forward to the Purple Planet. :D

Yes I would like to figure out a way to do so, too. So far the KS's we have run have had lots of stretch goals which makes it hard to predict. And the international shipping can be very volatile. (Go over a certain weight by 1 ounce and the shipping cost can go up by $20!) but I would like to figure out a way. It would've easier on us too!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:22 am 
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Many kickstarters are doing the separate shipping thing. Adding the shipping increases any stretch goals (so costs go up), kickstarter takes a chunk (so they lose some of the $$ charged for shipping). Separate shipping makes sense from a business standpoint.

then the Pact is to Avenge.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:11 am 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

I appreciate the reply -- and I hear you on the international thing! I've been selling a lot of stuff through eBay, and the international shipping has some odd swings in it...

Maybe the trick is to print each successive stretch goal on thinner and thinner paper...? :wink:

Gnome Boy (a.k.a. "Jon") • DCC play-tester @ DDC 35, Feb 2011. • Beta DL 2111, 7:00 AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since 1977 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters - Holds the power to play gnomes at will!

Here Be DCC Monsters...

General Yoros, Warrior, Str 13, Agl 8 (10), Stm 17, Per 13, Int 11, Lck 8; Law, HP 39, AC 17, R+2, F+4, W+2, band/shld, warhammer, longsword, longbow, pitchfork

Han Dee, (Weaver) Neutral Thief, Str 10, Agi 13, Stm 11, Per 11, Int 15, Lck 14, AC 13 (Leather), HP 25, Luck Die d6, Backstab 3, Sneak Silently 10, Hide In Shadows 9, Pick Pocket 10, Climb Sheer 10, Pick Lock 9, Find Trap 9, Disable Trap 9, Forge Doc 10, Disguise 3, Read Lang 5, Handle Poison 3, Cast Scroll d14+2, birth augur (Born under the loom) +1 to all skill checks (including thief skills), Banepicks (auto pick lock/disable trap, but lose 1d3 random ability loss, if a 3 then 1 pt is perm)