Open Call for Xcrawl Playtesters

In XCC, you're a superstar athlete taking your chances in a live-on-pay-per-view death sport. It’s a modern-day world with a fantasy twist, and the game is simple: the Dungeon Judge, or DJ, creates an artificial dungeon under controlled — but lethal — conditions. Can you survive?

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

DJ LaBoss
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Open Call for Xcrawl Playtesters

Post by DJ LaBoss »

Hey All,

I am looking for groups familiar with Xcrawl to help playtest the new edition of the game. I really need some detailed feedback!

Note that the new rules are NOT 4E, they are a modified version of 3.5 with five new character classes and a new Fame system, among other changes.

All participants will receive playtester credit and will have a chance to help make the new edition as good as it can possibly be.

If you are interested please send me a private message or post something here.

thank you very much!!

Brendan
Ziggurat Con
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: Open Call for Xcrawl Playtesters

Post by Ziggurat Con »

Brendan,

You aways know that I am game for whatever you need.

Thanks,

Dave
Raptor
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Raptor »

I'd be interested, but I need more info. When, would we be playing online or in person, what kind commitment I'd have to make, you understand. If you want to know what kind of player I am, I was one of the players of the Dragonmech campaign run on this board, Destiny of Steam and Steel. Just check out my entries.
DJ LaBoss
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by DJ LaBoss »

We wouldn't be playing online - I would be sending you the materials so you and your group could test out the new classes and rules.

I'll need a signed NDA from all players in every group.

Beyond that I don't need much committment. I hope that you can send me honest detailed feedback on what you like, what you don't like, what works and what is broken.

hope that helps!

Brendan
FlamingManofIron
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by FlamingManofIron »

How compatible are the changes with standard 3.5? I'm going to be running a X-Crawl series starting in a few weeks, and wish to make use of all the previously published X-crawl adventures.
FlamingManofIron
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by FlamingManofIron »

Brendan Said:

"Fully compatible! You will be able to use any already published dungeon with the new classes. The only changes you will need to make will be the new Fame rules - basically, you just have to go back and give your old characters the new Fame Feats in order to let them catch up. Other than that its fully compatible. The new character classes are additions, not replacements, so if you want you can still use just the old standard classes - but I really think your group is going to love the new classes!

be well,

Brendan"
rattrap2474
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by rattrap2474 »

My group and I will be willing to try out anything to help XCrawl. we love this game. Any chance the feat: "Make Filk Songs" will be in the new edition :) lol
Revend Allan C. Hoffman
Jesus saves, the rest of you take full damage.
Swap Your Paperback Books - PaperBackSwap.com
Raptor
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Raptor »

Well, I'd like to be in on the playtest, but all the gamers I've asked are already to busy with other campaigns right now. Anybody else in the Wichita, KS area who is interested in playing?
silverf0xx
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by silverf0xx »

My group is currently in a X-crawl campaign and would love to try out the new rules. We would all be willing to sign the NDAs. We play weekly and are pretty good at putting rules through their paces.
DJ LaBoss
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by DJ LaBoss »

silverf0xx wrote:My group is currently in a X-crawl campaign and would love to try out the new rules. We would all be willing to sign the NDAs. We play weekly and are pretty good at putting rules through their paces.

Check your private messages! Gave you my email.

As soon as you get in touch with me we'll get started!

thanks very much for your support,

Brendan
GoodguyLawfinder
Gongfarmer

Post by GoodguyLawfinder »

My group would be thrilled to get involved if you need more testers.
vagen
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by vagen »

I realize I'm a little late to the conversation, but if your still looking for folks I know my group would love to help. One member of my group has play tested for WotC so we'll have at least a little experience putting our thoughts together coherently.
For the Glory!
For the Money!
For theFun!!!
dmteacher
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by dmteacher »

My group was talking about playing Xcrawl and would love to playtest the new version.

Sounds like a great new system setup.
SirFozzie
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by SirFozzie »

I just got a group together. They want to play Xcrawl, but if there's a new system, I want to try to get them to play it.
Bryan1108
Gongfarmer

Post by Bryan1108 »

I love X-Crawl. If I am not too late, sign my group and I up.
Captain_Paradox
Gongfarmer

Post by Captain_Paradox »

I would be very interested in playtesting XCrawl. My group is diverse in experience, with players ranging in age from 14 to 40 and having various levels of experience. I have playtested several successful independantly published games including My Life With Master, Unsung and "Pretender" for the NoPress Anthology of games. In addition, I have also playtested several supplements for the Star Wars (Saga Edition) line as well as having written or contributed to several products written under the OGL.

Plus, I really, really, really love XCrawl.
Kid Ridiculous
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Kid Ridiculous »

I'd love to take a crack at this!
DJ DeadAir
Gongfarmer

Post by DJ DeadAir »

I have a group of 6 to 7 seasoned veterans of the D20 system. I literally ran my Xcrawl campaign yesterday, and told them about your website and possible playtesting. Everyone is ready to roll. Just give us the info, and you'll get detailed info, and if there are any loopholes or ways to cheat. These rule lawyers will find 'em! I'll check back in a week or so.
zadoc
Gongfarmer

Post by zadoc »

It is quite late in the process, but I would also quite like to get the chance to help with playtesting and I do have a group who I believe would enjoy the chance to get back into Xcrawl.

I know I'm thrilled to hear that it is still going forward. It seemed grim when Goodman Games pulled down all the old Xcrawl products.
Vexrm
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Vexrm »

Shoot wish I saw this earlier. Oh well.

Got experience play testing and a group of 6 that would be happy to do it, every one would be willing to sign NDAs too, we've done it before.
kingpaul
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by kingpaul »

Well, I'm glad to see that there's still some life in the game. I don't game much anymore (something about going for a PhD), but I'd definitely be interested in getting the revised rules once they come out.
PL 2nd, PCGen
Spell Reaver
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Spell Reaver »

I'm definitely in for playtesting :D
-Spell Reaver
So here is the big question. Do giant gorillas dream of giant bananas?
-Spell Reaver, about to have a barrel containing a flaming monkey thrown at his head.
neodac
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by neodac »

May be Coming in a bit late but I'd love to play test Xcrawl been in love with it since i first found it (incidentallly found this thread gearing up to run a new xcrawl campaign)
DJ LaBoss
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by DJ LaBoss »

Hey,

I will be doing another round of Xcrawl testing - when I do Ill send you a PM and give you the details.

hope all is well,

B
rattrap2474
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by rattrap2474 »

Well you got my email boss, Big Al and the Hitmen are as always at your service.
Revend Allan C. Hoffman
Jesus saves, the rest of you take full damage.
Swap Your Paperback Books - PaperBackSwap.com

Return to “Xcrawl (Xcrawl Classics and prior editions)”