Open Call for Xcrawl Playtesters

In XCC, you're a superstar athlete taking your chances in a live-on-pay-per-view death sport. It’s a modern-day world with a fantasy twist, and the game is simple: the Dungeon Judge, or DJ, creates an artificial dungeon under controlled — but lethal — conditions. Can you survive?

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

neodac
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: Open Call for Xcrawl Playtesters

Post by neodac »

any news on this front?
Keizer Ghidorah
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Keizer Ghidorah »

I'm coming WAY late to the party, but please do let me know if you need any playtesters for this bad boy. I'm a big XCrawl fan, and would be happy to test drive any new rules set.
Zarine
Gongfarmer

Post by Zarine »

OH please oh please oh please make a Pathfinder version of XCrawl. I started playing this game near 10 years ago. I love to play and run XCrawl games, but ended up stopping because I couldn't afford the 3.5 book and then Pathfinder came out. I would totally donate to a kickstarter for this, even though I'm poor. I think this system could become very popular if produced in conjunction with Pathfinder.

I would also love to playtest this. I don't know if you guys are still calling for that.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Zarine wrote:OH please oh please oh please make a Pathfinder version of XCrawl. I started playing this game near 10 years ago. I love to play and run XCrawl games, but ended up stopping because I couldn't afford the 3.5 book and then Pathfinder came out. I would totally donate to a kickstarter for this, even though I'm poor. I think this system could become very popular if produced in conjunction with Pathfinder.

I would also love to playtest this. I don't know if you guys are still calling for that.
Your timing is perfect. Brendan already has made the Pathfinder version of Xcrawl. We just haven't published it yet. That is coming in 2013. :)

Please PM me your contact info and we'll see if there are any playtest opportunities left.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Mac
Gongfarmer

Post by Mac »

Is it possible to be both incredibly elated....
goodmangames wrote:Your timing is perfect. Brendan already has made the Pathfinder version of Xcrawl. We just haven't published it yet. That is coming in 2013. :)
...and butt-hurt, jealous
goodmangames wrote:Please PM me your contact info and we'll see if there are any playtest opportunities left.
....all at the same time?

This is fantastic news... Thanks
Stopfall
Gongfarmer

Post by Stopfall »

goodmangames wrote:
Zarine wrote:OH please oh please oh please make a Pathfinder version of XCrawl. I started playing this game near 10 years ago. I love to play and run XCrawl games, but ended up stopping because I couldn't afford the 3.5 book and then Pathfinder came out. I would totally donate to a kickstarter for this, even though I'm poor. I think this system could become very popular if produced in conjunction with Pathfinder.

Your timing is perfect. Brendan already has made the Pathfinder version of Xcrawl. We just haven't published it yet. That is coming in 2013. :)

Please PM me your contact info and we'll see if there are any playtest opportunities left.
Oh lawdy, I love the Xcrawl campaigns. We played all available crawls a couple of times, and they still stick with us till this day. Would there, by chance, be any available playtest opportunities left??

Also - Slightly dumb and don't know how to PM.....Damnitall..
Biggy
Gongfarmer

Post by Biggy »

My group has been playing XCrawl for years and would love to be involved. We were heavily involved in the Dreamscarred press playtests and our group is in their credits.
SirFozzie
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by SirFozzie »

Any news on a release date? (Say, GenCon? :D)
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

No promises yet on release -- still a lot to do. I will say that Gen Con is definitely a goal, but it's going to be a tough race to get there!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
SirFozzie
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by SirFozzie »

goodmangames wrote:No promises yet on release -- still a lot to do. I will say that Gen Con is definitely a goal, but it's going to be a tough race to get there!
Good luck! Just bummed out I was in the hospital (admitted friday, just released) and missed out on Free RPG day at the local store (had a friend check, but they appeared to be out of the DCC/XCrawl combo pack, and the other place I check out online, "sold" out on Saturday night. :)
ElLoboGordo
Gongfarmer
FLGS: Knight Arms, Stillwater OK

Post by ElLoboGordo »

Anything on an official DCCRPG Xcrawl ruleset? I'd playtest such a thing. Heck, I'd write such a thing. Or is kitbashing off the core book the order of the day?

Return to “Xcrawl (Xcrawl Classics and prior editions)”