Maximum XCrawl: What's the percentage?

In XCC, you're a superstar athlete taking your chances in a live-on-pay-per-view death sport. It’s a modern-day world with a fantasy twist, and the game is simple: the Dungeon Judge, or DJ, creates an artificial dungeon under controlled — but lethal — conditions. Can you survive?

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

PHGraves
Ill-Fated Peasant

Maximum XCrawl: What's the percentage?

Post by PHGraves »

The old XCrawl was an odd mixture of "Dungeon crawl as gameshow" and "Dystopian future riddled with conspiracies." Unfortunately for my tastes*, however, the follow-up products leaned far too heavily on the conspiracies.

From the module we got on Free RPG Day, it looks like conspiracies are in full swing. I was wondering how much of the game is dedicated to the crawl and how much for conspiracy. Any information?

* While I have enough players to run competing teams, most of us are using XCrawl to unwind, not dig into shadow politics.
PHGraves
Ill-Fated Peasant

Re: Maximum XCrawl: What's the percentage?

Post by PHGraves »

On the plus side, it looks like these forums get updated as much as the Facebook page.
:cry:
DJ LaBoss
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: Maximum XCrawl: What's the percentage?

Post by DJ LaBoss »

Maximum Xcrawl belongs to you once you buy it. It is a dark, dystopian world for sure . . .but you can ignore all that and run the "game show" style dungeons just for mayhem and fun. Play it however is most fun for you and your crew.

Lots of people (myself included) pull Xcrawl out on those odd nights when you are missing one of your regulars, or you have one too many people and don't want to disrupt your normal game, or if you just need a break from an ongoing story.

But for those who want to dig past the glamor and the glitz, the World of Xcrawl will give you plenty of venues to explore.

Hope that helps. Hope you are getting ready for Maximum Xcrawl!

be well

Return to “Xcrawl (Xcrawl Classics and prior editions)”