So what is Xcrawl and is it compatable with DCC?

In XCC, you're a superstar athlete taking your chances in a live-on-pay-per-view death sport. It’s a modern-day world with a fantasy twist, and the game is simple: the Dungeon Judge, or DJ, creates an artificial dungeon under controlled — but lethal — conditions. Can you survive?

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Gobbo
Gongfarmer

So what is Xcrawl and is it compatable with DCC?

Post by Gobbo »

I think the title says it all?
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Re: So what is Xcrawl and is it compatable with DCC?

Post by finarvyn »

Gobbo wrote:I think the title says it all?
Welcome to the boards. I assume that this question comes from seeing the Free RPG Day product, which has two adventures in it -- one for DCC RPG and the other for the X-Crawl RPG.

The short answer is that what they have in common is that they are both product lines that Goodman Games is promoting. They have nothing in common.

The longer answer is a little more complex. X-Crawl is a d20 based RPG (which means 3E compatible) where characters are sort of like professional showmen. They go on TV on death match competitions and show off their funky powers. Sort of like watching professional wrestling. As a d20-based game, X-Crawl has some roots in common with DCC but not a direct compatibility.

This doesn't mean that you couldn't use the X-Crawl adventure in a DCC campaign, but (1) the flavor is different, and (2) it would require a lot of conversion.

Hopefully that helps?
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
Gobbo
Gongfarmer

Re: So what is Xcrawl and is it compatable with DCC?

Post by Gobbo »

Thank you. I am not a fan of d20, but like the idea of Xcrawl. May need to see about a Savage Worlds or FATAAccelerated Xcrawl conversion....

Return to “Xcrawl (Xcrawl Classics and prior editions)”