Results of the Xcrawl Fiction Writing Contest

In XCC, you're a superstar athlete taking your chances in a live-on-pay-per-view death sport. It’s a modern-day world with a fantasy twist, and the game is simple: the Dungeon Judge, or DJ, creates an artificial dungeon under controlled — but lethal — conditions. Can you survive?

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

I'm very pleased to announce the results of the Xcrawl Fiction Writing Contest!

We had some great submissions, and one of them rose to the top as the judges' unanimous winner. The story "Too Tough to Die" by Clint Werner is the official contest winner. This exciting story captured the action and excitement of the Xcrawl world, gave the reader a great crawl experience, and presented a set of characters that all the judges became attached to. In fact, we liked the characters so much that we're planning to include them as pregens when the story is published. Look for "Too Tough to Die" to be included in the Xcrawl boxed set scheduled for release in late 2008.

We also have two honorable mentions. We originally did not have a slot for honorable mentions, but these two stories both had strong enthusiasm from some of the judges. In no particular order, "One-upmanship" by Chris Shaffer and "The Testers" by Evan Carden were both good stories that really engaged the reader. While these are not scheduled for publication from Goodman Games, the authors may post them here (or elsewhere) if they choose. They both give a good view of "a different side" of the Xcrawl world.

Thanks to everyone for their participation. It was a contest enjoyed by all the judges, and we really appreciate the enthusiasm for Xcrawl!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
DQuartermane
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by DQuartermane »

Just wanted to say Congrats to the winners!!! I look forward to reading them in Xcrawl 4.0 (Which I am drooling over!!!!!!).
DonnemenlIx
Gongfarmer

Post by DonnemenlIx »

this is my first writing contest on here and im not sure
do i post my story and where? :P
thankssss.
i got my theme but im sure its cool but its what people would normally do
but everyone voted on this 1 i asked friends online i know they said to do the one im doin so ;DDDD

Return to “Xcrawl (Xcrawl Classics and prior editions)”