Original Merchandising Idea

In XCC, you're a superstar athlete taking your chances in a live-on-pay-per-view death sport. It’s a modern-day world with a fantasy twist, and the game is simple: the Dungeon Judge, or DJ, creates an artificial dungeon under controlled — but lethal — conditions. Can you survive?

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

FlamingManofIron
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by FlamingManofIron »

One of my PC's has proposed his goal to merchandise compost, liquid fertalizer etc you name it. Yes, he is a druid. He's also planning on grinding up various monsters with it so he can market it like "Rose fertilizer with real Goblin!"

Any idea on the unit value of this? i'm thinking of the merchandising rules from sell out. Also, minimum fame to make it work? I'm thinking 15? 25?
rattrap2474
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: Original Merchandising Idea

Post by rattrap2474 »

I salute your players ideas, how ever I have a problem, the bodies of all defeated foes are still property of the XCrawl, and there fore the DJ. As for required fame It might be a biut higher, because it would be cool to see Druid Bob saying hey buy my stuff, but the common folk might balk at the "Now with extra monster bits!" Or not :) depends on the GM the campaign and so on and so forth.
Revend Allan C. Hoffman
Jesus saves, the rest of you take full damage.
Swap Your Paperback Books - PaperBackSwap.com
Ziggurat Con
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Ziggurat Con »

How about a trading card company, something like "Topps." Books and Modules could even include exclusive trading card sheets with each module. You can put the D&D stats on the back of them and a neat pic on the front. Perfect for quickplay at tournaments and you could have all the monsters from the crawl included for the GM's. You can also use them for initiative cards if all else fails. Just a thought.

I AM G.O.D. - Gaming Operations Director
DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

Re: Original Merchandising Idea

Post by DCCfan »

Ziggurat Con wrote:How about a trading card company, something like "Topps." Books and Modules could even include exclusive trading card sheets with each module. You can put the D&D stats on the back of them and a neat pic on the front. Perfect for quickplay at tournaments and you could have all the monsters from the crawl included for the GM's. You can also use them for initiative cards if all else fails. Just a thought.

I AM G.O.D. - Gaming Operations Director
This is a great idea. I would love to hand out baseball type cards of the Xcrawlers to the players. I think it would really add a bunch of fun to the evening. Ooh! Look! I got Richard "Mayday" Hayden's rookie card. He won the first Division 4 full lethal finals in history!
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10

Return to “Xcrawl (Xcrawl Classics and prior editions)”